DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My hope is if this proves successful, they'll try to be edgier and push the boundaries of typical soap conventions in season 2. Right now, this feels safe, which is nice, but they have a new platform that they should try some new things with.

So, if they get a season 2 and more money - hire better/non-daytime writers, and maybe play around with the production elements a bit more. This show exists outside of the continuity of the main show anyway, so they don't have to try to explicitly tie it all together. 

• Members

Thanks for posting! They sure were busy with interviews. 

At first I thought maybe a little bit more but I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. But then I read Chandler interview with @Errol and I thought maybe they did push the envelope a little bit because of certain things Chandler said.

• Members

Honestly, If I have to see Ben/Ciara everyday I like the idea of them undercover.  I know I joked about Ben being an ISA agent, but this is the sort of thing I wouldn't mind seeing them do in the future.  It's much better than them in bed doing nothing with their lives all day. 

Although Greta is legitimately twice Ciara's age, so it's not even a good idea.  Not to mention she had an enormous coronation, so people have an idea what she looks like.  

• Members

No.  Ciara brought her up I think or Billie.  And Ciara and Ben are going undercover to meet suspicious Faversham relatives as Greta and her serial killer husband I guess.  And Lisa Rinna and Porte got a dance break after that because Ciara and Ben need to learn to tango. Poor Julianne Morris.  You know she would have come back lol

Like I said, I appreciated Ciara in this role going undercover.  It fits her and I guess Ben can come along.

Also, did no one else find it weird that when Ciara introduced Billie/Ben she didn't mention Billie is the mother of her half sister Chelsea?  And Ciara didn't even ask about her even in passing?

• Members

Since we were speculating about possible stories to get Carrie on her own, I am not against also bringing Greta back and get a triangle going there. As awful awful awful as the Garden of Eve was Austin/Greta were cute enough.

In truth I don't know if there is enough story to warrant bringing them back full-time but my nostalgia is acting up. Even though 95% of her stories sucked, I really liked Greta as a character.