DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Members

It is entirely possible for Chandler Massey to do poor work and let down a storyline onscreen even if you've been staring at his nipples for the better part of 15 years.

I don't miss Freddie, and I welcome the recast and think Massey should stay but he's fucked up plenty onscreen. It's not always the fault of the guy who definitely isn't a twink anymore, not that Chandler is either. People whitewash his flaws and lay it all on Smith who is admittedly a clown, but no one is impressed by just stanning him without any critical faculty.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When Chandler is bored it shows. He came alive with Christopher Sean and It looks like he does with Zach Tinker. So Im hopeful 

Sonny got boring after Chandler left the first time. Plus they changed Sonny to this controlling husband and Im sorry I never understood how all these gay men that Days introduced wanted FS' Sonny over either CM or even GW's Will. I could buy the  gays wanting ZT's Sonny

Edited by John

• Members

Oh I agree. I was speaking more about playing along Will's love intrests

Freddie was good until Wilson Married then he became almost controlling and taking their cash and not asking Will. Then the whole  intro of Paul. If Sonny had told Will that Paul was his ex and in town but he kept that secret

And then from FS return in 2016 to exit in 2020, he was more bad then  good and he sucked when Adrienne died & that surprised me

Edited by John

• Members

I am not super fond of the body-shaming either - for the record I think FS, as annoying as he is IRL, is still a cutie as a chunkier man - but I don't think it is entirely fair to say the double standard is due to their respective attractiveness.
Fundamentally CM was always IMO a superior actor and, more importantly, a charming charismatic presence so even when his performances got lazy - and they did get lazy, that is true - he still had enough underlying likability that it didn't turn people off the way FS did.
FS did decent work the first few years and definitely had great chemistry with CM. But when they slowly started to lose the latter - or least it lost its shine in comparison with the Paul pairings - AND his performances got progressively worse, he didn't really have a reserve of goodwill among us because there was nothing left. Add his off-the-show behavior and nobody is in the mood to be indulgent.
Does it help that CM is attractive? Sure. But it is not like they ain't a gazillion other good-looking actors that we collectively rag on with abandon - RSW or Shawn Christian can testify that being hot ain't all that on this board. People will come for you if you suck.
Now, I don't hate FS as much as a lot of other people on this thread do but I don't think the criticism of his late acting is unfair or unwarranted. 
But since CM and FS both were tuned out post-Paul, I do have to agree I'd let the writers shoulder most of the blame.

• Members

Carrie/EJ is my dream lol and they haven't even worked together yet.  

AP and CC just have an easy chemistry and, it's probably my 90's love, but AP has never bothered me ever.  He was an idiot and wooden as an actor, but he was just very 90's JER Days.    I do agree Carrie could branch out to several other pairings, but it is what it is with her schedule I guess.