Y&R: Tony Morina accused of sexual harassment. Sony being sued.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ES has controversy attached to him but he’s an actually good producer. When he went to Days and then B&B he modernized the production values so much you instantly knew changes had been made. He especially has done wonders with B&B which I feel was so dated prior to him and then Kay Alden bringing the show into the present day. 

• Members

Y&R has a long history of backstage turmoil and fighting, no matter who was at the helm.

If I was Wendy Riche, I would not work for any of these soaps at this point.  On The Bay she has way more control over story and everything else than she would ever get in daytime at this point.

Morina should be out pending the investigation.  No excuses for this behavior.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I agree. But I would LOVE to see her as executive producer if we had to bring in someone completely new with no history. At this point, we need Steve Kent out from Sony Television.

Terry Lester [reportedly] quit The Young and the Restless because of the attention being given to Lauralee Bell's Christine, while the Lester's Jack was being sidelined.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

Terry Lester criticized the amount of story and airtime LLB was having as Cricket in at least one published interview.  He felt the show was giving her too much, and Jack had been sidelined.  This was 1989, and the truth is she was on too much and had too much story at that time IMO.  With Nina and Danny and her mom, she was tied to almost every story on the show, in her own stories and multiple crossover stories.

And I don’t hate Christine.  But it was too much.