Y&R: Tony Morina accused of sexual harassment. Sony being sued.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They could have started by just keeping Ji Min Kim. He was one good looking man and wonderful with Jill. I'm still bitter they didn't give that pairing a chance. I don't know anything about the BTS at the time so I have no idea why he was killed off so fast.

Can't they move Josh Griffith over to the EP role and bring back Sally Sussman as head writer. She may need a job if she's dumping her crappy husband. I liked Sally. 

I don't think JG could handle both jobs isn't he prone to mental breakdowns?

Edited by cattykittens

• Members

Why do people assume she is telling the truth? I have known PLENTY of women who have lied about doing this kind of stuff -- including a few family members. That being said, I do hope he is out as the show needs a shakeup (assuming the replacement is someone solid).

• Members

Y&R has a history of behind the scenes scandals and it makes me sad that it took until 2021 for the mainstream press to cover one of these stories. Why couldn't the same have been done for Victoria Rowell and all the Black people treated like garbage? It's a shame. 

The one positive is that the show might finally improve since they'll be forced to replace him. He was terrible as EP anyway. The show has never looked worse than it does now. 

• Members

I doubt we will ever truly know why Ji-Min was dumped as a character, especially seeing that Eric Steinberg had leading man potential written all over him. It makes me wonder whether it could have been racist viewers writing in to express their displeasure, but since I have never heard that being said, it makes me wonder whether some other cast member with more seniority might have felt threatened by the charisma and sex appeal that Steinberg exuded and perhaps that cast member feared he might be displaced.

Even when Ji-Min was on the canvas, I had never had hopes that tptb would ever have built a family around him, he was presented as a pretty singular character. 

When Ravi was on the show, some people liked to suggest that he was boring, the way they usually do whenever any male character of color is on Y&R, without considering the fact that the character is almost always underwritten, with little to no actual story written for him. There was a South Asian family on OLTL (briefly) and I really enjoyed Shenaz Treasurywala, as well as her co-star, Nik Choksi (who I found to be adorable), and in my writer's brain, I imagined not only the scenes that Abhi and Shenaz could have at the time, but also the dynamic that could have been had the sister and Ashley locked horns, when Ashley was mixing business with pleasure with Ravi. 

Edited by DramatistDreamer
changed word from cast mate to cast member, as auto correct changed cast mate to castrate.

• Members

Also, I feel like performers of color have been last hired and first fired, especially when there’s a regime change. Did Ji-Min get canned after Latham’s departure? New regimes also often love to clean house of any floating newbies associated with the previous one, and it’s a vicious cycle with many non-white characters who never get an opportunity (or the investment in their development) to build seniority that *might* protect them from the ax (like the Abe Carvers and Devon Hamiltons). Certainly didn’t protect Lillian Hayman and many others like her.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Ji Min’s death likely came from someone else because LML loved diverse casts. I remember she brought on a Black family to Knots Landing with plans to make them leads, but the network put a stop to that so Lynne Moody quit. On Y&R the Winters were front and center so I can only imagine she planned for Ji Min to have legs if allowed.