Y&R: Tony Morina accused of sexual harassment. Sony being sued.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When I tell you that I am not surprised.

Wow, in addition to sexual harassment of this actress, he also referred to a Black actress as having a hot body but the head of a "Chia pet". Y&R ought to clean house. They've allowed misogyny to reign over that show for too many years. The entire daytime industry has.

The daytime drama genre has acutely suffered because of their misogyny and racism. No wonder daytime soaps are circling the drain.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I wish they'd start with with Steve Kent and the Sony peeps who have helped oversee a precipitous decline in quality.

No way Y&R/CBS/Sony would promote a junior creative. Best dip back into the same ole dried-up well! With our luck it'll be JFP or Mal. Heck, TPTB may even be too lazy for that and they'll just have Josh Griffiths pull double duty as EP/HW.

• Members

I was just thinking JFP or JG double-fisting. Either would be no bueno. JFP would at least give it direction. A sh!tty direction, but a direction nonetheless.

That Chia pet line is not surprising but still sickening. Alongside the potential sexual harassment and retribution. My god.

• Members

Indeed! And they don’t even have to be so explicit in their racist feelings. Watching the show is enough to show how they really feel.

I remember Abhi Sinha flagging Mal Young for abuse. Just seems like a very toxic set. I know Y&R has a rep. I agree Steve Kent needs to go too.

Speaking of Sony, Mike Richards is stepping down from Jeopardy (as new host but keeping his EP job).

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Okay now I am seeing the news about Mike Richards stepping down, but how on earth was he ever allowed to name himself as co-host??! How ridiculous

Please register in order to view this content

Now the show is conducting a new search? Even if some are recalled, it looks like a full waste of time and energy for the candidates. 

Aww, Abhi, had Y&R had an ounce of competence, that situation should easily been worked out. Abhi is a cute guy, seemed professional and has done good work on other shows. Y&R could have brought on Shenaz as Treasurywala as a big sister and struck gold. Instead, the same lackluster stories.

If Sony did more than talk about diversity, Y&R could have had an Asian family. It should now be clear, the reasons why these shows are such a mess.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

While I would *love* to see this on ANY soap opera, I feel like it would give me whiplash reactions a-la the Rosales clan.

These are my guesses:

1. Promote Josh Griffith to sole executive producer and head writer.
  2. Promote from within the company.
  3. Re-hire a former producer for a short-interim period of time, which will either become permanent or until another person can be found.

• Members

It wouldn't do any good to try without changing the executive and writing staff first. The current group have no idea how to write for diverse characters, or well, anyone at this point.

Of course not. Nor did I even expect things to change after Moonves got the boot, which is why I stopped watching a long time ago.

I have to be honest. I rarely watch CBS anymore.

• Members

Wasn't it Sony that had their files hacked by the North Koreans , only to uncover a barrage of offensive e-mail correspondence? That company has been an entire mess for ages now. This was so blatant though.

The shade--I must hand it to whomever runs their social media account.