Y&R: Tony Morina accused of sexual harassment. Sony being sued.

• Members

Bingo! It was also during Latham when Dru was reduced to a caricature and then we got Nia Peeples as the reluctant singer/gym instructor who couldn’t.

Please register in order to view this content

As for Morina, good riddance. Hopefully JG will go along with him. Hopefully my idea I recently posted about Noel Maxam taking over as EP and Boyd, Esser, and Slater was sharing Co-HW duties comes to pass because right now that would be the only thing I could see making Y&R even remotely interesting again. 

It was Latham herself who got rid of him all so she could prop up Amber, Cane, Gloria, and Kevin stories even more.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly.

And I believe this.

You'd think. But nope. Tumbleweeds could blow by ...

And yes as everyone else said, Steve Kent needs TO GO too. It ALWAYS stems from the top. "If they do it so can I"

And also, these people have enablers all around them.

Y&R has never sounded like a 'fun set' to be a part of, honestly.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

They're beyond checked out so I'm not at all surprised we've heard nothing. CBS/Sony is a MESS. Yikes. Again, stems from the top. Les Moonves ran this network for what two decades? How many actresses did he and Kent get blacklisted that should be *stars* right now? This industry ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Just saw @BetterForgotten replied the same time I did but he summed it up nicely. The day to day of Y&R in 2007 was so bizarre and insufferable there was no easy storyline flow, no payoff or follow up (ie Nick’s plane was sabotaged lol) that I can explain certain events but couldn’t tell you the why or how at all. 

Not surprised either. They’re probably keeping status quo until a Redstone or a Sony higher up gets involved. Just like CBS and JFP a few years back.

• Members

When you add up all the behind the scenes garbage, you realize these shows just don't even have a chance to remotely succeed when they very well could.

When you have a network and cast invested (NBC/Days), they succeed even when the writing is, to put it lightly, questionable. It's clear the DAYS cast even the messy GH cast get along. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yeah, that's my guess as well. "Nothing to see here" until someone high up gets involved, if they even do.

So true. It's really depressing how far Y&R has fallen. It's become an empty shell. Doesn't help that Griffith lacks all substance and depth to any of his "stories"

It's insane to see how well produced these shows once used to be. Literally primetime ready. Now? Yikes.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Speaking of Days whatever happened to Corday’s lawsuit against Sony for interference? I almost wonder if Bells and Cordays should have cut their losses with Columbia/Sony so long ago given their shows are definitely capable of standing on their own but I guess they felt they still needed the middle partner?