General Hospital: August 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I gotta say Nikolas being a s***y father does not strike me as out-of-character so I can accept it but him being stupid is and I am not feeling the incredibly hare-brained plan they had him implement. 

And while I am fine with them softening Ava some, having her being a victim of now TWO stalkers is laying it on a bit thick for me. If this story doesn't end up with her kicking some stalker behind, I am going to be very grumpy about it all.

But I will take the journey until then. The nurse working for Ryan seems the likeliest culprit of the fire but maybe they have slightly more interesting in store.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just need Spencer and Trina locked in a room together or something so no one can interrupt them. Cam and Joss leaving Wyndemere was a good start Laura and Kevin need to just keep yelling at Nik tomorrow so Sprina can be alone

I know it's twitter and it doesn't mean much but Spencer trended today. I think bringing this character back is one of the smartest things the show has done in a while. Nick Chavez was awesome casting and they really struck gold with Spencer and Trina. I don't think Spencer's return would've been quite as well received had they done something like throw him into a triangle with Cam and Joss. The reception to Sprina seems to be really good so hopefully TPTB are noticing that and don't mess it up, lol.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I liked Monday and Tuesday's episodes. This is a General Hospital I'd watch.

Nikolas is being rightfully dragged but I didn't mind him giving Spencer a taste of his own medicine (and I like the air of doubt about his guilt). I imagine there's more than one stalker.

However, can't say I'm enthused about Cam Mathison. He's just not that great of an actor, sorry ... very likeable guy but he's never been an amazing actor, those around him usually help. I'm sad so much airtime will likely be devoted to him. Meh. I just don't care about Drew either.

I like Dante and Sam together 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Recasting Spencer just might be one of the best decisions Frank ever made lol. Sprina is like a classic soap love story. Playing every beat, every angle, not rushing through it, so that when they do finally share that first kiss or become a couple, it's actually exciting to see.

• Members

Agreed. He was nervous in the beginning but damn is he becoming comfortable. I think he's excellent casting as Spencer. I couldn't be happier. That look Spencer gives Trina? Yasssssss honey. I'm all in on Sprina. 

I loved their pool scenes. I definitely saw some chemistry. I feel like Dominic Zamprogna could have chemistry with a phone book though. He's been so checked in since he returned. I have to say Monaco looks deflated in her scenes talking about Drew LOL. It's like night and day.

The pacing has been good and I like who's been featured. 

And man, it's REALLY time to move on from the mob. At least with Guza/Phelps they made it ugly and destructive and there were consequences to actions. This is boring, sorry. So much potential with Jason and Carly and this stuff and it's falling flat. 

Dragging out the Sonny story so Mo could do other things is hurting the Jason/Carly story, as is the two of them having insane for today episode guarantees. So much endless discussion and not much movement. They are doing a poor job showing us the danger the mob presents, JMO. Which tells me they aren't invested in it and it's all for plot.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

“Friends. Buuuuuds.” They are electric together. You can’t buy that kind of chemistry. It’s like a nice pure throwback to old soapy teen romance. If this were the ‘90s, they’d be iconic. 

Trivial concern, but I flippin’ hate Cameron Mathison’s voice, and that hair color is a mess.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I didn't quote all of them, but I agree with a lot of the recents posts in this thread about Spencer, Sprina, Trina, and Nicholas Chavez, lol.  Spencer trended again today and so did Trina. It looks like they are pretty popular at least on places like Twitter. I have noticed that fans of other soaps/non soaps fans asking about them when some of their clips have appeared. They just sparkle together and a lot of people are seeing it. They really do have a classic soap couple feel to them. I was thinking they remind me of some soap couples from the 80s (and I can see comparions to 90s couples too), but regardless of what soap decade they remind people of they are awesome. I agree that Nicholas is very talented and there is something very classic about his portrayal of Spencer as well. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Regarding today's show, I thought it was another good episode. The scenes with Laura/Kevin and the others getting on/talking about Nicholas's behavior were good. I enjoy Kevin and Laura together as a stable, and age appropriate (and also nice-looking couple). They told Nikolas what he needed to hear. Nicholas was so out of line with the way he acted towards Spencer and his friends regardless of whether Spencer was guilty or not of the lesser things. Nikolas is so focused on getting Ava, back he really doesn't seem to care about Spencer. He's really not even thinking about him. He's just concerned about whatever he needs to do to get Ava back. Even if it's run over/try and destroy his own son in the process.

He won't even get close to becoming a good father again until he starts making decisions that are only about Spencer's well being not about him trying to get back together with Ava. Spencer was right when he said that Nicholas keeps choosing Ava over him. Heck, Nicholas even seemed a bit angry that he couldn't definitively prove that Spencer was the stalker today after he got that phone call about Ava's car.  He just wants to do whatever he can to speed up the process of getting back together. Even or heck especially at the expense of his own son. 

I was even glad that Carly got on his butt, lol on today's show. He deserved it and it was an appropriate reaction from a parent from one of the other teens. I wouldn't be surprised if Liz/the other parents had some choice words for him as well. 

I also think it's kind of interesting that there might be like Kman101 mentioned maybe a little ambiguity as to whether Spencer is really guilty of the lesser pranks or not. It would be something if he actually were innocent. I had guessed that he would hypothetically ask Trina today if she would forgive him if he really did the pranks. And that's exactly what he did. If you think about it the audience really didn't see him do most of the pranks. He was shown in dark clothes in the art gallery, and throwing away the boots with the fake blood.

But maybe they may end up writing it as he really was concerned the stalker might hurt his father, and he showed up to the gallery due to that. Maybe he threw away the shoes because he didn't want to be falsely accused of being the stalker, didn't want people to know he was in town yet. Him disliking Ava and trying to manipulate her to stay away from Nicholas could still be true. But maybe him being a stalker is a bit of a red herring. Or maybe he really did the lesser things and that will come out either right before or after him and Trina become a couple. I am interested in seeing what happens there.

Speaking of Trina, he continues to have great chemistry with her. 

Please register in order to view this content

I enjoyed their scenes again today. Lol at his "Friends, Buuuuuds." Comments. He's into her and he knows she into him. We're going to get that first kiss at some point lol. Maybe tomorrow? And I'm looking forward to it. 

Also, I thought that Jax/Obrecht scenes were more interesting than the scenes he's been having with Carly lately, lol. And I wonder who is keeping Drew captive. And I thought that female head mob boss of the five families seemed like she could be a bit lethal. She sounded like she wasn't for Carly trying to run things and would be happy with her out of the way. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

That scene was perfectly constructed. The chemistry, the acting, everything was on point. It's moments like that, that get people to "tune in tomorrow"

Clearly, no one on the writing team has ever watched a show about the mob or read a book about the mob lol those meeting scenes were painful. I've never seen a more whiny group of mobsters ever 

Edited by AbcNbc247