• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Britt always looks great, but the underarm sweat stains on the fabric were so distracting.  Is the GH studio set that hot?

I'll forgive that minor sin, since she gave a cute little Spencer shout-out today and, even more miraculously, she's helped Jason seem interesting to watch after a century of doldrums.  The last time he was this animated in scenes was when he had the Vegas wedding with Brenda, I think.

I'm liking Ned becoming more like his grandfather, too.  I can't wait for this Brooklyn story to blow up into the juicy mess it's surely going to turn into-- the casting decision to have this former OLTL actress take over the role was pitch perfect as Tracy Quartermaine's granddaughter.

• Members

What it should have for a caption:

Join Jill Farren Phelps with Alan Locher as she provides insight into killing off Maureen Bauer, Frankie Frame, half of the Quartermaines, while telling Jackie Zeman that no one wants to watch people her age have love scenes. Learn how she brought her friends along to vilify er Jill-ify  each canvas.

• Members

They suuuuure did. 

Which is why they have to be oh so careful this time if they are going to that well again. If it is going to be the same thing as last time that won't work at all, no matter how important the family tie is.

But since they are writing Austin in slooowly, it might work. Emphasis on MIGHT. But they cannot do it the same way. It better be different AND creative with some possiblities...and decent to good acting.

People are so burnt out on RH I don't know if it is even possible to like his latest character.

• Members

The problem is not whether Austin will be a good character or not.
It is not even whether RH will bring something fresher to the role than he did in his most of his non-Todd roles.

It is that you cannot have the same actor play three different characters BACK-to-BACK, in the span of only a few years and expect the audience not to be pissed off.
And doing it after you did it with another actor too!

We suspend disbelief ALL the time, sometimes because we want to when it is fun (a dead fan fave is resurrected in a dumb story!), sometimes because we have to because we understand what medium we are watching and we understand sometimes things need to be stretched to work.
THIS however is asking us to suspend disbelief to the wazoo in a completely unnecessary and borderline insulting way.

I am not a RH-hater by any means; but there are a gazillion of out-of-work actors who could have played this role, been considerably cheaper to the show btw, would have rocked it and allowed us to give Austin, whoever he is, a chance.

This is stacking the decks against him before he even started because sorry but no.

• Members

I like that you agree with me.

Please register in order to view this content

And because it is definitely going to have to take a loooooooooooong stretch of disbelief, I'm interested to see 1) how they are going to make it work...if at all, and 2) can they make it work.

I mean...just the idea of the character right now is intriguing and how soaps used to intro new characters if they are going to wind up related to someone important. Would it have been better with a new actor? For sure! Especially if they do it at the current pace the character is being introduced vs rushing a new character on. So I give them credit for that given that it's an actor playing his THIRD role on a show he's been on for a while now. 

But again...yes, the deck is already stacked. Why? Like I said above, people are burnt out on RH and his characters...especially a character having the potential same storyline that one of his other characters had. 

So...I want to see where it goes. Or IF they can pull it off at all. 

• Members

That was what it was looking like to me where it was heading (I'm on last week) so I was kinda disappointed it was Jax who saw Michael and Willow vs who I thought it was...which was Austin.

Well if only Michael QUARTERMAINE was around, but I don't think I want to see him sacrificed to prop up Austin even to get him back to how he should be written. 

Then again I saw a little spoiler about where Michael/Willow/Chase might be going so there might be potential for messy and gray character actions coming up anyway.

• Members

I don't mind adding another Quartermaine to the show, but I absolutely hate that RH is playing him.  What is with this stupid show??  Somebody needs to be fired over this decision.  If I see one more RH smirk on my TV I might seriously damage it.  

• Members

If he is Jimmy Lee's Kid, will we get Jimmy lee? Even a recast? I think Steve Bond gave up acting or will Jimmy Lee have died and Austin wants to have the Q's give him what was denied his father

• Members

It looks like Steve Bond has credits listed up until 2017.  I don't know how recent his google photos are, but he looks decent in what I can find.  I think it would be very plausible for him to come back.  I'd rather they not kill him off.

• Members

I wouldn't be against Jimmy Lee appearing, as Steve Bond looked great as a silver fox in that Hallmark movie with Alexa PenaVega.  Maybe he  could come to town to punch that smirk off RoHo's face.

Well, JFP and RC are both gone, so he's safe as long as #firefrank doesn't realize he's over twenty.

• Members

It's always something I thought should have happened in the 90's when Q stories were flourishing.  I remember a lot of fans wondering what happened to Jimmy Lee and if he had children.   So naturally it will happen with Roger Howarth because GH won't let us have nice things. 

It's certainly a much better idea than RH as Franco though, which makes you think what might have been if someone actually took the time to think about this first.

• Members

Making Michael a villain is the one thing that could save this story. And it would be a perfectly understandable response to what we all think is going to happen.

RH as Franco/redeeming Franco was a massive mistake. One of the biggest I've ever seen on soaps.

They turned one of the most successful villains this show ever had into a sufferable clown that just needed to be knocked out constantly lol