• Members

Your memory is better than mine.  I thought it was all the same, but clink boom has been re-done so many times lol.  Neither here nor there, but I HATED Robin's short hair.  Ugh....

I always wished Jason got some of his Jason Q. memories back and it looked like it was headed that way at different times. 

Brenda's breakdown was just a hot mess.  I hated it more than any other Brenda story ever.  I could write an entire post about how bad it was.  Jax's love cured her I guess?  The only good scenes in that entire story were Brenda at Lily's grave and Sonny and Brenda talking at the penthouse for the first time after he left her.  Everything else was just cringey overacting.  I literally get triggered thinking about Brenda and those tripods at her modeling shoot.  

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL!!! I totally understand. I HAAAAAATE the character of Kai on THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. HOWEVER I love the character of Monel on SUPERGIRL (other than his first season). Same actor. Yes, some of us can separate the two. 

YEEEESSS!!! That was the best time when Michael became a Quartermaine. Like I said before, that was DECADES in the making. If only A.J. was still alive. But alas.

6-1

'Why are you in the woods? God, I'm glad I wore black.' YESSSSS!!!! How I love the Maxie/BrookLynn combo.

Why do I feel like Austin will be tied to the Quartermaines?

Trina, why did you walk in??? 

This is off to a good start.

• Members

It was so bad.  And I gave VM a lot of

credit for some great acting on the show at several points, especially when Sonny left her in the rain, the wire, the shootout in the shower, lots of times really…but she was so awful in that story.

Sometimes actors surprise you in a good way-Lynn Herring really surprised me with more range than I gave her credit for with the Serena storyline.  Vanessa playing crazy…not so much.

I am glad Peter is gone mostly because of the collateral damage he was doing to Anna, Maxie, etc.  His acting wasn’t great, but I’ve seen some awful acting on all the soaps left airing in the last couple of years, even from people that usually do competent work.

• Members

It's weird how much I hated Lily in real time, but in re-watch I am okay with her.  She's annoying and clingy and buys herself a husband, but she's not the worst.   Sonny and Lily actually make sense.  She would have been a great wife for him.  I guess knowing she's going to die a horrible death helps the whole situation, but she really is a tragic victim in Sonny's lies.  

Vanessa playing crazy is just not in her range.  She does decent work and she's gorgeous and charismatic which is why she is/was so popular.   She also was generating great chemistry with her co-stars. I don't hate on her emmy win, she revitalized GH at the right time. But she is in no way a "juillard" master thespian lol.   She was in no way capable of playing that story and I imagine that is why it fizzled out the way it did.  And I won't even get started on wasting VM for an entire year on her playing cutesy games with Jax.  Jax will take you back, girl.  Jax would likely take you back today.  I like Brax a lot, but she should have just left with MB. 

I always assumed Lynn Herring had it in her.  She's always seemed very versatile.  And I sorta want to live with her and Wayne Northrop on their awesome ranch lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Well, HELLO, MAXIE. Looooooooooong time no see.

KS is selling the h#ll out of these reveal/doublecross scenes with Peter. And so in character. Cuz the Maxie I used to know would have been scheming, swearing vengeance, and getting it. And she would nail an enemy to a wall. And today (June 2) I realized that she was BACK!!! And she dragged the h#ll out of Peter. And the coup de tat? She recorded his whole confession and sent it to MAC. Yes, yes, yes, YES.  It was giving me everything that I wanted at the end of the double wedding and I am LIVING for it. And yes, WR did a great job in those scenes surprising.

And even better? FINALLY everyone knows Peter killed Franco. And Drew. Even poor real Chloe. Go on Gladys with the confession.

Speaking of coming to a head...Cyrus is heading to an end right now, too? And now we have a hostage situation? I can't wait to see how Carly reacts. And really happy to see Laura there. 

Meanwhile...Jackie and Finn's Dad are back. It has been a minute.

Love these little flashforwards and they have done their job well...wetting the appetite for the main course. 

In fact the only thing that has irked me has been Willow and Michael. Have several seats. 

Oh you were not alone.

Please register in order to view this content

But when you love Brenda, one does not walk away from hating her rival easily.  But I do agree. No matter how one felt about Lily, there were at least proof she would be a great wife to Sonny. Very tragic.

No lies told. Even given how things went down at the 50th anniversary as TB Carly said...Brenda could totally probably get him to take her back even today.

• Members

That week was the best Maxie has been in years, and KS did awesome with it.  It reminded me why I liked her as Maxie and the character in general.  She used to be fun to watch.

I appreciate that back in the day a story like Cyrus holding anyone hostage would have involved the entire Sonny crew.  But here we got a logical person for him to go to with character ties to him- Portia, and Laura and Curtis putting themselves in danger made perfect soap sense.  Think of all those Sonny Crew plots from decades past that would have been greatly helped by someone else playing the hero and other characters getting to shine!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Lol.  At least Lily was a credible threat and was basically a nice person.  She wasn't an all out villain.  Sonny is the one who actually sucks and I didn't realize that as a kid, but he's continued sucking consistently for 2 decades just to remind me lol

Anyway, I am FINE with Jax going to Rome and hooking up with Brenda off screen.  He's useless now.   I have made my Jax love known on here several times, but IR/Jax is just taking up space.  He has no point and IR is just not the best representation for GH.  I would like for Brenda to be living her best life off screen, but I will sacrifice that for Jax to be written off.   Dude, just stop wasting your time on Nina and go find Brenda.  As long as Sonny is not in Rome, you're fine Jax.   I genuinely don't think we will ever rid ourselves of Carson, so I am good with Brax as a back up offscreen.

• Members

6/4

See how much LAURA makes any story better when she is centered?

If this is the end of Cyrus, I love that they are playing all of these beats. It started with him running to Portia and taking her and Trina hostage. That of course roped in Curtis and Jordan (which the Cyrus storyline started with if I'm not mistaken). Which of course roped in Taggert. And that roped in Laura as a Mayor which roped in Kevin (nice to see him!!!) as her husband (and the hostage negotiator, too!!!). I loved every moment of it so far and am watching Laura vs Cyrus in the house. And since Carly and Jason had appeared (as background characters at that), it's just a matter of time before they are roped in due to the Cyrus rivalry as well as his role as Peter's ally.

I will give them this much. Have we ever had a baby switch where BOTH of the ladies involved knew it was one? I continue to love the layered acting that KS has been playing through this week. She still cares. She still feels about her baby. She still scheming. And she is still playing like Psycho Lady took the baby. I wish she had just said the baby was stillborn honestly. It is too easy for Peter if he lives or Psycho Lady or Austin (who foreshadows already might be connected to the Quartermaines) to figure it out. Oooo the possibilities. But...the beats are being played with that as people find out about Peter what he has done. I loved the moment when Anna and Mac were in Maxie's room for the same reason (taking down Peter), but two different storylines (Franco's murder, the attempted kidnapping AND baby switch) converging at the same time. But ooo, KS plays longing for her baby so well. 

And yay for Lisel and Britt!!! Love their scenes and is it wrong that I am counting down the minutes until her and Jason are together again. And yay Jason is FINALLY FREE!!!! 

I can't help but feel the writers are being shady to all the Fliz fans by having them have scenes and Liz has NO double take.

Speaking of Liz...FINALLY the payoff to the flashforwards. So it was FINN who knocked Peter down the stairs and Liz is helping him cover it up. Love her, but it's not like Liz does not have experience with a cover-up. And she is totally justified. Now if we could keep the story on her, I'm good. Then again if Peter isn't dead, he's gunning for them.

This has been a great week. It feels like storylines are finally climaxing while others are developing or taking a turn in the road. 

Really great week. 

There are too many Sonny Crew plots to count.

Please register in order to view this content

Finishing that week and it was pretty great post-work. 

Back when the writers really and truly knew how to write grey characters.

And OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, A cliffhanger Friday...who just saw Michael/Willow having sex...and should I assume it's Austin?

• Members

It was the only way of explaining it; they wouldn't shoot Sofia or Johnny kissing, despite other cast members sharing those intimate moments, and they kept avoiding her mid-section, and, once they revealed Sasha's pregnancy her stomach was showing again.

• Members

I am going to be honest, I never noticed them not kissing.   I always just thought it was the actors comfort level.   Michael and Willow have had like 1000 scenes miles apart. I like Sasha but I can't say I noticed anything weird until she showed up with a 6 month baby bump lol.   But happy for Sofia!  

Literally the mother of all cliffhangers and it all happened so fast.  Bam!  Lily's pregnant. Sonny leaves Brenda in the rain.  Jax and Brenda have sex.  Jax demands Brenda marry him (a little creepy in retrospect).  Lily doesn't go see her father.  Lily blows up.   Jax and Brenda got married.  It all happened in like 3 days.  

Weirdly, I don't even think of Lily as a grey character just one I wanted to go away.  And I HATE the show pretends like Sonny loved her and she's the ultimate paragon of virtue.  It's been 25 years and I'm still not over it lol.

Edited by carolineg