• Members

What about Britttt. Why were you holding her handdddd. Omg, Britt is calling you? What's going on Jasonnnnnnnn! Why are you interacting with a female other than meeee!

Please register in order to view this content

Why is everyone supporting Willow lying to Chase? This is so lame.

I did enjoy seeing Liz and Finn stash Peter's body away. At least he hasn't been rotting in the stairwell this whole time.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Brenda and Sonny to me were clearly the last supercouple.  Not only for GH, but probably the last period.  They got the writing, the romance, the obstacles, and everything.  On GH it's Luke/Laura, Robert/Holly, Anna/Duke, Frisco/Felicia, and Sonny/Brenda to me.  Robin/Stone, Ned/Lois, Lucky/Liz, Sean/Tiffany, Jax/Brenda and Sonny/Carly were close but not quite.  And Puerto Rico let you know Sonny and Brenda gave zero effs about sand in uncomfortable places lol.  I think their last great writing was probably Amazing Grace in 2002, but the idea of them in 2010 wasn't bad.  The execution just was. 

Puerto Rico was AMAZING!! The cast spent a lot of time walking around the hotel and watching Ricky Martin sing, but it was beautiful.   Honestly, I would never believe anyone if they told me Ricky Martin would become an international superstar in 1995 lol .  Thank God their careers recovered from whatever this was:

Edited by carolineg

• Members

LOL @ that cheesy '90s goodness in that video (and wow @ the choreography of getting her to piggyback him like that).  I love how Vanessa Marcil went from being in Prince's "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" music video to having her GH character run an indie record label to actually hosting "ABC in Concert" during those years.  Ricky Martin would not have exploded into the pop culture scene in the late '90s without first being introduced to the millions of female viewers of GH with the Brenda-related story lines.  Was GH the only soap to have such a core front and center Latino cast of characters?  That was so smart of them.

• Members

I think Ricky Martin made it despite his GH run lol.  I don't remember him or him/Lily or Brenda being popular at all.   His default acting was tossing his hair around.  I think GH was his first English speaking role, so I'll cut him some slack.  

Anyhow, AMC was introducing the Santos at the same time.  And by 1996 Sonny was the only Latino character left, since Brenda isn't supposed to be Hispanic even though Vanessa is.  Even Sonny's dad was white lol.  With Julia, Mateo, Maria, Anita, etc I think AMC had the larger core group of the two.   OLTL had the Vega brothers as well.  

• Members

There was an SOD article around 1995 which even basically said Miguel had a memorable entrance and then got bogged down into nothing. The idea was meant to be, I guess, that things were now heating up for him with the Brenda pairing, but I don't remember that going anywhere either (and he then left for a tour, mostly forgotten aside from that pointless story with Mr. Becky Herbst). 

• Members

I want to say his entrance was saving someone on the roof of GH or it was finding BJ after the bus crash.  Both happened I think, but I am not sure what was first.  He was an orderly at the hospital but then became a bartender/singer.  A LOT of his time on the show was spent on Lily and the baby she gave up.  The show was clearly aiming for that to be a big love story, but I guess it wasn't popular.  It's hard to say though because Lily/Sonny/Brenda/Miguel were always weird with each other.   Miguel and Brenda only dated for a little bit-maybe 3 months?  And Miguel left to go on a South American tour after Sonny literally threatens to cut him up with a broken bottle (not important to the story, but a hilarious scene).

Ricky Martin reappears briefly around the time of Sonny/Lily's wedding.  Brenda calls him to help bust it up, but he basically tells her she is being insane and leaves again.   He actually physically comes to town to tell her she's being nuts, but I don't think he interacts with anyone else besides Vanessa.   I believe Wendy let RM out of his contract early so he could do Les Mis on Broadway and he agreed to appear one last time.

I think they mentioned Miguel last year when Brooklyn was dealing with her agent or whatever.  They said he was a client.   And his son's contribution to the show was bringing us Sabrina lol.

• Members

Thanks!  I guess I remember Miguel's entrance right.  He really didn't do much of anything besides pour drinks and sing, so I get what SOD is saying.  His romances with Lily and Brenda just sort of ended fairly amicably.  He never got a reaction to Lily's death because he was gone.  The show never even pulled the trigger on him being a viable spoiler in the Sonny/Brenda/Lily stuff.  He was just a nice guy Brenda had sex with on the rebound lol.  I am surprised they never got Ricky Martin back for a Nurse's Ball.   

Juan actually had potential to be something.  He could have come back wanting revenge on Sonny for Lily's death but he thought Sonny was his father instead?  You were like 7 when they got married and actually met Lily and Miguel in Puerto Rico as a child.  He was boring with Emily and boringly sang a lot too, but I think the idea of the character had potential.   I tend to think if MS wasn't married to Becky they may have recast at some point later on. 

Sabrina is just one of those characters that I mentioned yesterday that were on everyday for a few years and are never mentioned again.    Usually female and usually killed off violently.   In a few years, hopefully, we will forget Willow existed as well.

• Members

Well if she ever comes back that's probably her strongest option on a living situation.  She can't live with Jason anymore and can't go to the MetroCourt and I am sure Monica and Ned would be cool with her living there again.  I would prefer Brenda got the gatehouse, but I guess that's Willows for now.  Because why not?  I wonder if it still has a recording studio in there.

On a current GH note, with KS's health problems, do we have a timeline on how long she is out?  I obviously wish her the best and feel terrible for her, but she's kinda in the middle of something big here.  The poor girl has obviously been through a lot with all the health issues she has had through the years but I wonder how they are going to address it.  I think Jen Lilley is available lol

• Members

I read somewhere that she was going to be filming pretty soon.  She also asked that people not pick on her hair as they had to shave a small section for her surgery.

Not long ago I was googling her for a picture to go with a post and the first thing that came up was "Kirsten Storms weight gain".  I get why she would hope that people didn't make fun of her hair.

I believe Jen Lilley is either still filming or in post production of a Hallmark movie co-starring Ryan Paevey.

• Members

Thanks!  I was kidding about Jen Lilley (even though I liked her Maxie lol).   I mean poor Kirsten has had so many horrible hairstyles and fashions choices I would hope no one makes fun of her for this of all things...

Edited by carolineg