• Members

Yeah, that sounds right.  What was Miguel doing all that time?  L&B wasn't a thing nor were Sonny/Brenda really in early 1994.  I don't want to slog through you tube or my edits, but Lily didn't become a backstory for awhile after that.  Karen and Jagger aren't long for the show either at this point.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carly: You and Britt have a connection.

Jason: Yes.

Carly:

Please register in order to view this content

*runs off to GH to try to tell Britt she can't have him*

Obrecht finds it comforting that her daughter's new boo is a hitman

Little Violet in the preview. Can someone let this poor girl attend a successful wedding already?

• Members

So they can bring Michael Easton and Rodger Howarth on as several different characters but we couldn't do the same for Stuart Damon etc....or even used a crappy backstory like Helena's freezer or David Hayward's clinic on AMC to resurrect some of the killed off Quartermaines.

• Members

The Jason/Carly/Brick stuff felt out of place today.

I actually didn't mind the Dante/Austin scenes, but RH having a third character just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Josh Swickard is doing a great job. When Violet was in Chase's hospital room and he started getting emotional, it actually got to me. So dumb that more people don't see how visibly uncomfortable Willow is though.

Weird that Michael apparently found out about Sasha's pregnancy off screen. The one day Willow thought the baby could possibly be Michael's, and Sasha said it wasn't but she still wanted to tell Michael the news herself... yet we didn't get to see this. Michael is on almost every single day for no reason, yet we couldn't fit this scene in somewhere.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

He's consistently been the best part of this storyline, which overall, I'm enjoying. Michael and Willow are boring but this is like a classic soap scenario and it's far, far better then the fake affair/forced marriage stuff that we had to endure last year. 

• Members

I typically don’t love medical crises/near-death stories on soaps because the writers go to that well too often, you know there will be a miraculous recovery, and they’ll be walking around like normal three episodes later (like Curtis and Jason after being shot). The stakes just don’t feel there.

But Josh Swickard has really elevated and grounded this in ways that I haven’t seen in years on these shows. I can’t give him enough praise. I liked him before and thought he had more talent and star quality than your bog-standard soap hunks, but he has really impressed me with this illness story. (He’s made me emotional multiple times, without straining for effect.) I hope GH knows how lucky they are to have him, considering he has had some mainstream success.

Gotta say, we dunk on him a lot, but Michael Easton has stepped up big time for this story. His breakup scenes with Finola a few weeks ago were just *bad*, and FH basically had to do all the work. But he’s been really good the past couple of weeks.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

First let me say how much it gets to me when characters we are supposed to root for talk about a "delivery" problem and I know they are talking about drugs. Or when the mother of a character refers to killing people as the "line of work" of her daughter's boyfriend as if that wasn't vile.
I just don't understand how that makes characters rootable. I get that's not a new problem and most of us are used to it but I still cannot.

(...)

That is my main criticism of the show right now. They do seem to fast-forward a few beats I wish we had gotten some satisfaction with.
Peter's death and Cyrus' upcoming exit (pending potential twists) feel a bit subdued compared to how much they were built up and how many people they were enemies with on the canvas. 

Carly and Britt's scene was too short and oddly written. Either you want Carly meddling and being "jealous" and you need her to go in for a lot more subtle venom than just one sentence and then letting Britt talk.
Inversely Britt's reaction felt more to establish her being giddy in love than standing up for herself to Carly, which felt a bit off-character to me. I am starting to worry they are saccharinizing her for the sake of that pairing.

And 100% agree on Michael. I don't mind that they wrote Sasha out of the quadriangle but they quickly went from 100 to 0 and this was an interaction that should warranted at least a scene. It is the Sabrina syndom: we spent SO MUCH time on Sasha/Michael that, regardless of whether I particularly care, it feels disrespectful that they act as if that past connection is irrelevant. Heck, in the context of the mess with Chase, there could have been a slight note to play of Michael "What if I made the wrong choice?" and then if they want to prop up Wichael, then having him realize during the conversation that no, despite the hurdles, it is for the best and he wishes Sasha well. You know, even a bore like current Michael could have character development through a simple scene.
I like that the plots are soapy and I am mostly happy with the action BUT remember writers: soaps are soaps because they have the time to play every beat of a plot. Let us savor characters reacting to a piece of news, like Carly stewing over Jason/Britt or Michael being wistfully awkward about Sasha's pregnancy. 

• Members

The Corinthos crime organization for all the problems they bring about, block the drug trade from Port Charles.  It has long been a problem among the Five families.   Every time Sonny , Jason, etc. get a new "Mob rival" they try to bring drugs in through the docks, trucking companies, etc.  Not sure what they import, but definitely not drugs. Not since the days of Karen Wexler, after which Sonny and company made the "No drugs in Port Chuck" rule.

Swickard has really been selling it throughout this story. I look forward to him letting Michael and Wallow stew.  I do think he and Amanda Setton definitely have potential.

This has been the best use of Easton, but he should be recurring.  Bringing him in when story calls for him, not because FV can't forget those Ally McBeal episodes where he was a model.

As much as I would never say this two years ago, they have actually reformed/re-habbed the character of Valentin enough that he has become a viable Anna love interest.   JPS stuttering about as Valentin was certainly a messy character, not to mention a royal prick.  Valentin's friendship with sibling Alexis certainly helped his situation, but his performances as Dad to be  since Brooke Lynn's "pregnancy" and since "Bailey" came home even leave me ready to feel bad when the truth comes out.

Kirsten Storms has been doing some great work the last couple of weeks, bringing back two things Maxie has been lacking for a while, brains and strength.    Those scenes where she confronted Peter were bad-ass.

Austin tripping and landing in that hole with fake Nurse Chloe's corpse would have been nice.   Enough with the damn smirking, for f*cks sake.  I think he's just smirking because he knows he could be playing Lulu when they get rid of Austin......      O_O

Stella's back, and she's holding nothing back, including her contempt for T. J. 's Daddy Shawn.

Trina looks fantastic.    She deserves a boyfriend and some story now that she is on her way to college.

Where has Cameron been? I know I was quick to bring up those awful expressions, but it's time to pull his head out of the late Franko's ass and proceed to some story more fitting for a teen.

Will the show really be pursuing a racial bias in sentencing story for Shawn?  If so, can it lead to both Shawn and Alexis getting back into story?  Where will that leave Nikolas when Shawn learns the truth about Greenlee er Hayden's shooting?

Sayonara Cyrus!

As always, Genie Francis shines and Donnell Turner continues to be one of the most charismatic actors on the show, possibly in all of daytime.

Isn't it about time Jax's pompous ass leaves Port Chuck again?  

• Members

David Hayward should be coming to Port Charles for a position now that Cyrus Renault is out-of-the-picture. Even fight for the Chief of Staff position at General Hospital.

Josh Swickard has been constantly producing some amazing work.

I completely agree.

That's what happens when you don't have on-air chemistry with your co-star.

• Members

I think the first part of that sentence leaves the door open to a lot of grossness regardless but point taken. I had forgotten they had written that plot point to try and minimize the fact a crime organization does crime, which wasn't a bad call.
But the things that ring in our head when you hear a mob boss talk about "shipment" is not importing keychains or fresh apples.

• Members

Just stating  a fact that they have made clear on the show for 20+ years. Don't know where "grossness" comes into play. It could be knockoff materials, guns, etc. and  it's not like the viewers don't know that whatever it is, they are "mobsters" and whatever they import is illegal.  

I was simply clarifying a point.

Anyhoo

Like I mentioned in my status, when are the LGBTQ+ going to be utilized as more than a "Press release" and actually have storylines?

Cassandra James

It would be nice if we could actually see Molly and T.J. in their respective jobs rather than just hearing about them.

Britt's scene with Carly  

• Members

Sonny/Jason import/export illegally and money launder through their legitimate businesses.  Sonny/Jason's rivals are generally the drug smugglers or arms dealers.  

It will probably never be clear what it is, but it is clear what it isn't (arms/weapons, drugs).  I personally hope it's imposter handbags lol.

• Members

I've always wondered what Sonny's illegal business is too. He doesn't move drugs, and I don't think he moves guns either (Didn't Rudge or somebody try to do that and Sonny wouldn't allow it/)

I always assume it's more like racketerring and extortion, forcing all the business of Port Charles to sell his crappy coffee, otherwise he'll have somebody come around with molotov cocktails or something lol