• Members

I am going to have to strongly disagree that Brenda was tired in 2003.  She legit revitalized the show at that point.  Was she a little too much of a Jason shipper?  Yes, but the show gained almost a million viewers that left when she did just solely based on her presence.  I am not saying the characterization of Brenda was perfect but she was definitely a moment back then.

Kemo was good on PC no doubt, but it hasn't translated.   She's too low key to ever be a factor.  It's partly the Jason pairing at fault, but she gives minimal effort.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well...talk about turnabout!!!

Well, is that the end of Cyrus? Because they are tying up all of his story other than his connection to Laura.

And YAAAASSSSS to the reveal. After fumbling that 'Are Finn and Chase brothers' storyline it was like to see it slowly built over June 14 to June 18. Cyrus's slip of the tongue. Finn slooooooowly getting what he meant. And then as the same time, Dante and Austin finding the hole that Maxie knocked the psycho into. Friday cliffangers indeed. 

Speaking of which...I love Chase. I did before. But the week...which started off as just story points being thrown at the wall, but by the end of it...it was all about Chase. And JS sold the heck out of it. I felt that and even I was feeling some kind of way. And as expected, Chase married Willow before they found a cure. So...the messiness will continue. Add on his friendship to Brooklynn...and there is just so much to like. And...he's cute. lol.

Liz and Anna in scnes...who would have thought? That said...I kinda want to shake Liz. But it is nice to see her in story...not that I'm decided on if I want to see her with Finn. Yet.

And HAHAHAHA at Anna and Dr. O bonding by breaking things. I liked it, but i love them as adversaries. 

HAHAHAHAHA at Carly getting insecure at Britt/Jason...who continue to make me swoon. I'm even looking at SB in a different way now. Speaking of which, ooooo to this next beat in the mob story. So are the Novaks the next enemies? And I'm surprised that the idea of Carly stepping down (ugh) so Jason can lead is more complicated than that.

I still feel the stalker of Ava and Nik is Spencer. And it's time to get this story going. If it is someone else I will be shocked.

On a final note, it was nice to see Trina and Joss in graduation gear. It was just...normal. For once. And look! after an absence Cam is back with hair. lol.

Brenda is NEVER tired. That's just crazy talk. lol.

But seriously, Brenda was not tired and she was not when they wrote her out. She really did revitalize the show. And soo many people came back when Brenda did. The B Effect.

Please register in order to view this content

She was the icon, the moment. And I remember the ratings totally backing that up. And part of the appeal was that Brenda was not at all perfect. 

And like you said yesterday...Kemo on PC was at her best when she was a villainess/vixen. And I agree about part of that being the Jason pairing, but Kemo is not the same as she used to be in acting. 

• Members

She would have been unemployed a few years later lol?   GH was definitely the right choice for her for career longevity.  KeMo clearly isn't someone looking to challenge her acting lol

No arguments here!!  I NEVER think Brenda is tired either.  She is an icon.  2002-2003 Brenda was genuinely awesome. 

Problem with KeMo is Sam never really got any characterization.  She went from Brenda clone to Jason appendage.  She is supposed to be bad ass and ride or die, but she doesn't appear to be either of those things.

The show could have gotten rid of Sam a good decade ago and no one would have noticed.   It's clear SBu is capable of making other pairings work fairly easily.  The show honestly should have had her go full on crazy villainess in 2007 and wrote her off from there. 

• Members

You remind me that I hope YT still have clips of her from then. I wanted to watch the story in order. I was so young then. Just so watchable. 

She could have taken up Faith's place as Crazy Psycho Woman and Lucky being her weakness cuz KM and GV had IT. 

• Members

There are a couple of playlists on YT devoted to Brenda's 2002 return.  They are just Brenda edits.  I don't know if you can get the whole show on YT from that time period, but she basically is the whole show so you aren't missing much.  Maybe some JY's Lucky and Liz lol.

KM and GV were good together.  I liked Lucky and Sam.  I am not much of a Liason fan, but what a waste of a pairing that was.   So much build up to nothing lol.   I think it would have been easy to make Sam crazy, write her off for awhile, and then bring her back if necessary.

• Members

It is a complete mundane shallow observation but I wish they would vary it up with Ava's wardrobe a bit. I am over her always wearing those high-waisted skirts with a blouse *all the time*.
Maura is always radiant; there are other things she could wear that would be just as flattering to her figure.

• Members

I am also a die hard Brenda stan- however, the wind was really out of the sails in that year long return and marriage to Sonny storyline.  Although I love Adrienne Barbeau in almost anything and wish the storyline had centered on her actually being The Balkan.

Now the earlier return?  The show was on fire, and considering how mad I was at JFP for what happened with Genie, and hated her exit storyline, Brenda was the only reason I tuned back in.  And it really was a good run of story.  And she would have stayed if they gave her the schedule she wanted with her young son, which was early calls and no more than 3 days a week as I recall reading at the time.  But JFP refused.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

You are allowed to hate Brenda, but you are not allowed to compare her to Carly in such a fashion.  That's just cruel

The only reason I don't chuck something at the tv when I see Carly is because I like Laura Wright.   Everyone has had 10 years to recover from that Balkan mess.  Brenda's fresh again!

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Could be. I wasn't necessarily blaming the show - and now that you mention it she also had a lot of similar silhouettes as Diane - and I understand that it is a good look for her figure.
But whoever is responsible, I wish they'd switch it up a little. Her Carly wardrobe was more varied.

• Members

Well Carly, in comparison to Ava and Diane, was a vastly different character in a vastly different part of the world, so to speak.

Carly lived in a middle-class kind of world. Both Ava and Diane lived in a higher-level of notoriety, and the fashion requires that kind of representation, especially the former, given her [former] mob ties and current status as Princess Cassadine.

• Members

I don't want to belabor the point (also, MW and Carly were younger than Diane and Ava are supposed to be) but I still don't think the specific high-waisted skirt is necessary to project sophistication. There would be other potential items.
It was a small thing and it strikes me everytime I see her in a new outfit. I guess it is the Bianca Del Rio school of dressing: know what works for your body even if the basics stay the same and only tinker at the edge.