• Members

Carly was completely unhinged today. I was cracking up at some of the things she was saying. She really thinks she owns Jason. When Carly walked into the gym, she looked like she caught her child doing something naughty that he shouldn't be doing. Then she's all, "It's fine, it's fine, I'll be at the Metro Court crying myself to sleep if you need me, thanks for nothing Jason, but really it's fine." Sooo dramatic.

Please register in order to view this content

I loved Britt telling Carly to talk to her and not around her. Carly looked so damn offended when Britt implied that she'd be seeing Jason again in the future. I hollered when Carly actually said, "I don't want to pry into your personal business" and then demanded to know every detail about Jason/Britt. I also got a good laugh when Jason said that what's going on with him and Britt has nothing to do with Carly and her jaw dropped and she was just like, "SORRY I DISAGREE!!!" Like... WTF? Then she was almost in tears begging for details about him and Britt because she "needs" to know. I would love for Jason to just tell her to f-ck off already. I don't get why he puts up with this crap every time he as much as breathes near another woman. Such a bizarre, toxic dynamic. That last scene with them was so nauseating. Jason going on about how amazing their friendship is while Carly cries. Gag. Laura Wright is fantastic, though.

Apparently Terry and Britt don't get along. Would be cool if we had ever actually seen this on screen prior to it being mentioned today. I see that it's full speed ahead with Liz/Finn now that they let her grieve for 30 seconds yesterday. I rolled my eyes big time at Liz's line about how, "Well Britt believed in Jason and stood by him when I didn't, so..." How silly, just let Liz hate her. Glad to see Monica back at the hospital. It'll be nice if the chief of staff storyline actually gets featured regularly and not, like, once a month (it involves Terry so I'm skeptical, lol). You could have Liz and other staff members campaigning for Terry to get the job, and Jason could talk to Monica about Britt. But it's a hospital story involving an LGBT character, so I'm sure we'll never see it.

Thank god we haven't been seeing Michael, Willow, and Wylie with Kevin. LMAO

The explosion was bizarre. Why was it dark out? Molly and TJ were out for breakfast, Britt was just getting to work. It was morning. It was light out at the cemetery. But it was dark during the explosion LOL.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jason was reassuring Carly like an insecure side chick, and Jason is always too calm in dealing with her. He should have set Carly straight. Carly shedding tears really gave me either co-dependency or in love with Jason but settling for Sonny vibes.

Likewise, it would have been nice to see him angry at Elizabeth and her son for their accusations, then forgive them. The all knowing, always calm bit gets frustrating after a while.

It’s was good to see the criminal justice storyline occurring between Sean and Alexis. 

Parings that could work: Valentine  & Ana, Finn & Liz, Chase & BrookLynn, Sasha & Brando,  Sean & Alexis??

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Kelly Monaco used to be my Favorite GH female actor.  I loved her spunk, independence, and especially the fire she shared with SBu as part of the iconic couple JaSam.  It has been very difficult for me to accept the truth about how Kelly has behaved since SBu's return, but, at this point, I have no choice.  Clearly she was not happy with BM's departure and took it upon herself to openly and unashamedly sabotage the iconic couple that is JaSam.  She apparently did not understand that Sam, and JaSam, are bigger than she is, and certainly more important to GH fans.  What I still fail to understand, however, is how the writers and producers could possibly allow her to get away with this. The blasphemous destruction of JaSam is on them, which is why I am no longer watching the show.  I am hoping Kelly's contract is not renewed, and that Sam is recast and JaSam are reunited. C'mon, writers, grow a pair!

Edited by Ann Gabriel
sp

• Members

I don't think TPTB give a damn about Sam as her own character. She's just an extension of Jason, and if they're not together then she's useless. She could disappear tomorrow and nothing would be affected right now. Notice how she's basically a glorified extra and has no story now that she's not with Jason anymore. Which I'm fine with, because I'm tired of watching Kelly Monaco take a nap during her scenes. Neither actor benefits from the JaSam pairing. Burton finally seems awake for the first time in ages now that he has something new to do. Maybe Sam will get more airtime with a certain character being rumored to return soon. 

• Members

My VERY unpopular opinion is that while she didn't have that great chemistry with Jax, her first year when they thought this Jax/Sam was the endgame was the only time where Sam felt like a fresh character. I have only managed to care since because I love Alexis - and I loved Julian - so that connection kept me invested somewhat.
But KM is cashing the paychecks - and she wasn't a master thespian in the first place.

• Members

I am surprised you thought she was fresh in her first year when she was a complete Brenda clone literally inserted into VM's stories when she abruptly left.  Once she moved out of that and became more of her own character she was okay.  Kemo was best as a villian/vixen during the Liz/Jason/Sam stuff.   I would honestly say the shelf life for her character expired about a decade ago.  KM is just one of the most low key and lethargic actress I have ever seen in my life.  I do think there were periods where Sam and Jasam worked, but she isn't anything special. 

• Members

I feel like I'm missing something with this mob story. Admittedly I don't pay very close attention to this stuff. Carly was accepted at that meeting of the five families. Why don't they just say that she's taking over for Sonny as head of the organization, and that Jason is her enforcer just like he was for Sonny? I don't get it. Then once Sonny comes back to town and eventually gets his memory back, we could have the drama of Carly not wanting to give up her power. Instead we're probably getting a Jason/Carly marriage. I don't get how that makes them look less weak to these Novak people. This conflict all feels so forced.

Austin is interested in Jason

Please register in order to view this content

How many stories does Jason need? We have the budding Jason/Britt romance (not complaining as I love them), Jason/Carly and the mob stuff, now there's something with Austin too? Plus with a certain character being rumored to return, that will likely be another big story for Jason too. It's too much.

It was nice seeing Ava and Carly being cordial with each other today. I was also reminded that I wanted a Jason/Ava story after they escaped from the clinic together, but that never happened. I have to laugh at Jason seemingly being more interested in Avery than his own kids. I so hope that the stalker is Spencer just because the look on Nikolas's face will be priceless.

"How do I tell Nina I'm pregnant?" You don't have to, Sasha. Just go stand in front of her for a couple seconds and she'll figure it out. The drama with Gladys is so lame. Brando is sweet (and hot) but he's not much of a character.

Loved Lucy's dress today.

• Members

I could have this completely wrong, but I wonder if the writers are trying to create a genuine question over Sasha’s motivation in connecting with Brando. 

The ‘clever’ writing being that she said what she said to Gladys, so it can be taken as Sasha just winding her up.

Edited by LondonScribe

• Members

Because they don't expect Jason to take orders from a woman, especially one with zero mob cred. Her filling in while he's on the run is one thing. But with Jason in the picture, they expect divided loyalties from inside the organization. Like with the driver who sold out to the Novaks.

In football, there's a saying---if you have two starting quarterbacks, you really have no starting quarterback. Everyone needs to know who's in charge and who they answer to.

• Members

It sort of breaks my heart to hear people say this about KeMo considering her promising start on PC.  Honestly, her Livvie from Port Charles was beautiful, dynamic and pretty much the sole reason to really watch the show. She even managed to get a Supporting Actress nomination back when the Daytime Emmy’s still meant something on a little do nothing show known as PC

I think KeMo works if she is paired with the right story, and with the right love interest. I definitely see her more as a romantic lead, than a dramatic one. She was fire with GV’s Lucky, serviceable with Patrick and she was really lovely with BM’s Jason. I just think her with Burton has lost its sell by date. They messed up her and Easton. The selling point with Calivia, was more or less that they were both misunderstood, unhealthy anti-villains who struggled due to their own flaws and obsessions. Sam is a more tepid, earthy, grey-ish character. She doesn’t have the more interesting characterization  of a Livvie.

Still it seems odd to me that Sam has been on this series for close to 18 years, and it still feels like she is a day player that doesn’t mean much to the larger GH canon. She’s technically the 7th or 8th most senior actor on the show but she’s treated as disposable. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

Fresh doesn't necessarily mean original. She was never original, layered or a particularly well-developed character. But she had the energy she had when she was on Port Charles and was charming (and similar as she was to Brenda, Brenda was a bit tired by the time she left). It slowly eroded and pairing her with Jason sucked the soul out of her.

I read that stat on the other thread and yeah I am pretty amazed too she has been on that long. She certainly isn't treated that way by the producers, writers OR the fans.
Cue the JaSam fan who started this current conversation by suggesting Sam be recast to "save" JaSam. I can't imagine any other actor playing a character for 18 years being considered ripe for a recast by anyone, let alone people who are fan of a couple she is in.
And yet here we are.
Personally I don't consider her a lost cause. I am not enthralled by the chemistry test with Dante but there are plenty of directions they could take her in. I am not ready to give up if KM is simply aching for a real story and that is why she is sleepacting.

Now if she genuinely has given up... that'll be another story.