• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would like to see Brenda return just not the way she was acting in 2010. Her whole nerdy glasses demeanor and style was just a far cry from her earlier self. I believe amnesiac Sonny is the perfect opportunity to bring her back. She can finally have the man she loves without the mob, eventually Sonny gets his memory back, and a whole mess ensues with Carly and Jason.

Brenda and Jason is another pairing that I am not against. If they could work that in there at some point that would be cool.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I hate mob stuff so I am not mad at Ava being out of it but I agree she feels a bit neutered right now. I guess they don't think they can sell the Nikolas pairing if she is in full B mode.

I am holding out hope that once the current stalker mess is over, the Avery custody battle to be nasty.

• Members

I'm here for Anna and Valentin. This is way better than Valentin/Nina or Anna/Finn. I want a love scene!

I've somehow gotten to the point where I enjoy seeing Spinelli. Probably because he's not on a ton. I guess it makes sense to break up him and Ellie if he's going to be on the show semi-regularly and she's not. I wonder if they'll put him back with Maxie.

They're trying way too hard to sell that Carly and Jason are the bestest friends ever. Joss the Jason cheerleader is annoying. And Carly is the guardian of Jason's kids? We're supposed to believe that Elizabeth and Sam were on board with this? Okay.

Please register in order to view this content

Today felt like they had to have Sam in the episode so KeMo could meet her guarantees but they had no clue what to do with her. I know that Ava and Nik are both her family, but she never interacts with them so it felt really random that she was suddenly all up in their business. She's not my fave but either give her a story or write her out because lately she feels like a busybody dayplayer. She and Dante could have potential but there hasn't been much progression there.

Avery thinks Sonny went to heaven We had to have Diane tell us that the Jason/Carly marriage makes perfect sense because the writers know damn well that it doesn't!

• Members

yeah I seem to remember that Brenda was to return with her Son, but VM wanted a year only and ABC balked. So Brenda became Kim and Alec became Oscar

There was also a rumor in 2011 that GH wanted Tams for the Kate recast but she said no. She had just wrapped her second role on Days as Taylor

I wonder why we never see Ellie. If the OG doesnt want to return, they could recast

• Members

I have a feeling that was the plan in 2017. 

Yeah, Maurice and Vanessa seem friendly and on good terms. I never believed there was truly any bad blood between them. It would be nice to hear actors like Maurice or Steve go to bat for their women co-stars but we never hear that ... 

But to his credit, Mo seems very well liked regardless of what we all think of his inflated ego (which he's aware of LOL). If he's constantly told 'you're the star' ... (and he just had Sean Kanan on his YouTube series, so no bad blood between them either ... it's all Frank)

I agree, she'll be back eventually I'm sure. The wannabe writer in me is frustrated by all the missed potential. I'm so tired of soaps being run by petty executives who don't give a damn. LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It does seem that way.

I appreciate Ava isn't treated like the [!@#$%^&*] on the bottom of people's shoes, but she can be more than just one thing at a time lol. Especially when Nikolas is more than willing to get his hands dirty. 

They had her slightly involved with Cyrus but it's really just been Ava and Carly finally not seething at the sight of each other (that's being saved for Nina, clearly LOL).

It does feel like the stalker story is treading water a bit. Are they trying to figure out who to have it be? LOL. Did plans not work out?

It's going to be quite the spectacle seeing Nina explain away merrily being in Port Charles living her life letting everyone believe Sonny is dead, all while hiding her weird feelings for him. LOL.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

In theory that would have been a good story for Brenda/Alec.  But I would hope they picked a different actor.  I would hate to think Brenda gave birth to someone as lame as Oscar lol

I think Tams would have been fine as a Kate recast.  I am just not sure it was necessary when Megan Ward was available.  I have a hard time picturing her doing all the Connie stuff.    But maybe she would have made it a lot less cartoonish and played it realistically.

I feel like everything Jason and Carly have done the last 25 years has proven their loyalty.  Anyone who did the most minimal background check or even google search would know they are obsessively loyal to one another.

• Members

MB’s humblebrag at the Emmys was just his repeating what he said on his podcast — that he’s the star of the show, and Frank said so. Then he followed all that with a mess he created on Twitter.

The man is OBNOXIOUS. He won a lead actor Emmy and then spent the weekend fighting on Twitter. That’s just nuts, and it’s what happens with an out-of-control ego.

• Members

The second point is true enough. NLG who Lord knows doesn't hide when she dislikes someone and would have plenty of reason to resent MB over what happened last year seemed a lot more indulgent towards him than Ingo.

But I always say to people: acting nice to other people is a different thing from actually being nice. 
He can be super friendly and not act diva-ish and at the same time still be an a**h***e. He can laugh with you and still not have your back when it counts. You can be good at smoothing things over when you have won already and still be the one that stabbed you in the back to win. Heck, he can really get along with you since you don't threaten him and do really really bad things to those who do.
I know we have had four years of a very prominent counter-example in the news but not all narcissists are sociopaths. Some are perfectly comfortable and good at interacting socially; heck they feed their narcissism on getting along with everyone even when they are perfectly happy DOING things to the same everyone that are not nice. 
And inversely some of the people around him may be fooled but others may know where their bread is buttered and pretend to be fooled.
We don't know. What I do know is how he treats fans of the show and the kind of things he said and does on social media and I tend to think social media - because it is so instinctive and immediate and people don't think twice and just tweet and react - reveals a lot about someone's darkest impulses.

Edited by FrenchBug82