• Members

It's weird because the minute RH announced himself as Franco I knew it was a massive mistake.  How did no one else working at GH not see that?  I don't think I have too many moments like that in soap watching where I just know it's going to be tragic from the word go, but that I clearly remember. 

Michael Easton shouldn't be employed but none of his characters have outrighted offended me like Franco and his brain tumor.

It needs to happen!  Amazing idea!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the last decade we have had Easton’s characters, Howarth’s 3, KA had two with Starr and original Kiki, and TB with Kim.  We had Faison/Duke mask, Luke and Fluke (and talked about Bill)!  It’s been beyond enough.

When I think about this show not throwing money Vanessa Marcil’s way for another year contract, or that they fired Genie and she only came back because of fan uproar…yet these folks keep getting hired on the same show.  And most of them aren’t even beloved from GH.  It is so baffling.  It’s worse than FOJ’s at this point.

And for people that don’t care for Brenda- I get it.  But she is at least capable of bringing in actual GH viewers and when used correctly invigorates the corner of GH that the show demands always stay front and center.

This would be great!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Perusing around the soap sites I saw Chad Duell  was "Actor of the Week" .

What show were they watching?   Last week had some great action and confrontations. Watching Michael and Wallow, though...   Painful

To be fair, I don't dislike Duell, but this pairing is just horrible.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

See, I get people hating Brenda/Vanessa Marcil.  I get RH and ME have some pretty intense stans.  What I do not get is people running a business choosing to hire these people over and over.  It's downright disrespectful to the audience.  I didn't forget TB played Carly.  I didn't forget RH played a different character a month or two ago.   It's not just a twin.  The audience is not stupid. 

Again, I have no idea if VM just decided to peace out.  It does seem clear she is willing to come back.  She was a beloved character we saw basically grow up.  She has actual historical ties to characters that lead that we have seen over 30 years now.  MB is on board.  Idk, it seems like a no brainer to go and re-hire her because at least she has some sort of credible track record of popularity.   And we have spent years on Sonny being the lead- it's bizarre the show just basically ignores a huge player in his history so Jax/Sonny can hang out with Nina?  OKay.

Instead of just being ride or die with Howarth and his 3rd character?  GH is so weird because other shows cling to their vets, but GH just wants newbies all the time. 

• Members

I think we could have Vanessa back at this point, but Frank is being petty bc of whatever drama went down with him and her in 2013 - realizing she doesn't need this show or him. He hates that, at least from women.

They could have her back as a cornerstone of the show and park Maurice with her and fundamentally change the show again, but Frank won't do that for anyone other than his favorite performers. Look how much arm-twisting it took to get him to accept having Genie on contract in her current role - he thought he could play her like a recurring.

• Members

Idk what Vanessa did but Frank seems to really not be about her lol.  

It would make sense on so many levels.  She could work at Deception, mentor Sasha, hang out with Lucy, see Ned, argue with Carly, be awkward with Michael and Dante,  bother Jason, her son could be Josslyn's peer, etc.  She really doesn't even need Sonny or Jax, but I think it makes the most sense to put her with Sonny.  

It would be a good arc for Sonny to come back, realize he wants to change his life, and get back with Brenda.  It would free Carly up too. 

I always thought it would have made a lot of sense for her and Sonny to re-connect when Mike was dying.  Especially since Mike seem so pro-Brenda at the beginning of his disease.  

It seems silly for the show to waste so much time on Smike/Nina/Carson when we all know the minute GH gets cancelled there is 99.9% chance Sonny and Brenda will re-unite.   Much like Courtney, Kate/Connie is anyone gonna to care about Nina in 5 years?

• Members

That's a level of long game that I don't think can be afforded on soaps any longer. It's been clear for decades now that it's a herculean effort for them to think through six months to a year, let alone 5. 

• Members

Agree.

Amen GIFs | Tenor

Well...Frank...

And I LOVE all of that. Brenda and her connections...she could come back and it just naturally writes itself.

And I know if GH was cancelled tomorrow, that would be the first (or one of the first) questions that hit my mind. Either Sonny running off with Brenda or getting one last arc with her. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I would assume (and not even in a fangirl/stan way) that Brenda and Sonny would always be the endgame situation.   It just seems like the obvious ending for Sonny.   And I don't really care much about actor's wants but I totally see this as the hill MB and VM would die on to make it happen.

And outside of all the relationship Brenda stuff, I would love to see Ned/Brenda and Lucy/Brenda interact.  I loved both those friendships.  Not to mention her and Brooklyn

• Members

6/7 and 6/8

Never underestimate the force of nature of an older black woman. lol. Stella already knows what's up and called out Portia LIKE THAT. I remember reading how much Stella disliked Jordan and caused drama. So it's funny to see her having Jordan's back now. But too little too late?

So...I still feel the person stalking Nicolas and Ava is a recasted Spencer. However it sure is feeling like a C plot. Right up there with Savoy's opening. now. I still think that will be our next big event.

Wow. Is Peter still in that stairwell?

And awwww at Brooklyn getting Valentin to sign the ELQ stocks back. I liked that Ned tried to get her to see otherwise because he seems determined to get Valentin out of the house.

Michael and Willow needed a wrinkle so nice to see someone saw them. I was disappointed that it was Jax. At first. But MIchael caught on that he was about to be blackmailed and I kinda giggled. Oops. And the triangle keeps getting messy but familiar soap. Of course right when Willow is about to tell him the truth, Finn finds a cure. lol. And that scene of him explaining it to Liz actually made sense to me. lol. 

They ain't alone on that hill.

Please register in order to view this content

But I agree. It just seems logical to me because even articles and magazines cite them often as one of the best GH romance stories. For a reason. I still remember when SOD did a post and their Puerto Rico trip made it in. They are almost (like Lucky and Liz) like one of the last modern GH soap romance stories in a way. 

It goes without saying I would love to see Brenda interact with everybody you mentioned.