• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Macho man randy savage Memes

Hopefully Frank will only reserve that privilege for his OLTL friends lol

And same here with WR's previous roles. When I was younger, I thought he was so hot after seeing him in Latter Days and I thought he was pretty good in his brief stint on Days. But Peter was just something else

• Members

No.  Sofia is not pregnant in real life.  So the fact she looks about 5 or 6 months pregnant today is an odd choice since she found out less than a month ago.  Lol.  

I thought Sasha would most likely lose the baby, but now she seems past the danger zone.  I mean, she could still lose it, she just looks far along now.

• Members

Yeah, and the baby in that ultrasound photo looks about 20 weeks. I reeealllly don't care about Sasha/Brando/Gladys, though I did laugh at Gladys inviting herself to move in with Brando.

Michael and Willow are on every single day. Ugh.

I'm assuming Finn's DNA cure not working is going to lead to the reveal that he's not really Chase's father.

Whatever will we do without the classically trained Wes Ramsey on the show? Such a loss.

• Members

Michael and Willow are the most boring couple on soaps today.  Willow is not interesting or strong enough to be on everyday.  CD/Michael hasn't been interesting in years.  I think I would rather watch Sonny/Nina.  

Not trying to defend Julliard Wes, but it must be awful to be so unliked as an actor at your job that people throw twitter parties upon your exit lol.  Thank goodness he has LW to pull in the cash because I don't think the acting offers will be pouring in for him.

• Members

They're like watching paint dry, and Sasha/Brando aren't much better because neither of them are developed characters. Instead of the Gladys stuff today and Michael/Willow talking about Jax, we could've had Michael and Sasha run into each other at the hospital and Michael find out about her pregnancy. That at least might have been semi-interesting.

I'm more invested in Phyllis and Lenny than either of these couples LOL.

• Members

They are like watching paint dry.   I honestly find Sasha more interesting than Willow and I think Brando has potential, but they aren't really doing anything with either of them.  Idk, I have felt the character of Michael has basically held the show hostage since he was born.   I know most people complain about Sonny/Jason/Carly, but I think the birth of Michael was the beginning of the end.  And he didn't even grow up to be anything more than a bland, vanilla leading man with no chemistry with any love interest. 

• Members

I think maybe now that he is gone, people's rage will subside and they will have a slightly less bitter approach to WR.

My take is this: we have seen him do decent to good things in other shows so he cannot be said to be a bad actor. He is attractive and, yes, he can act.

However he was terribly miscast in this role - which wasn't his fault - and then, for reasons I cannot understand (was he trying to compensate for not feeling the role was a good fit for him?) he made things considerably worse by making bad and sometimes offensively ridiculous acting choices.
It was a bad character AND he was bad in it. He was set up for failure by a bad casting decision and then proceeded to make it a gazillion times worse.

But now that the irritation of having him on-screen is gone, hopefully people can leave him alone and, if only out of human kindness, wish him well in his future endeavors for which I hope he will be cast more appropriately.

• Members

It's always nice to be told what my opinions are and what they will be.

I've always said he wasn't a bad actor ... until he was. 

Let's be clear on what the real problem with the show is currently-- the poor direction.

It's the director's job to get the best performances from the actors.  They are doing a terrible job.

Look at the absent William Lipton's recent performances.  Who is in charge of direction?

"That deaf dumb and blind kid?"

Because you'd have to be all three to have let Wes Ramsey play the role like a 12 year old in a school play, and not made changes.  it doesn't matter who his wife is, he stunk up the part. Until he is cast in a different role elsewhere and does do a better job like he used to, my opinion lies the same.  As for direction, the show needs someone to call out actor's egos and let them know how to portray what's written.

Also reading rumors about

Please register in order to view this content

No thanks.

• Members

I simply expressed hope things can be brought down a notch once the current frustration subsides and then shared my own admittedly generous take on WR.
You can rest assured you are and will stay as free to consider him a bad actor as you do now and there was nothing in my post to suggest otherwise.
In any case even bad actors do not deserve the torrent of bile thrown at him on Twitter and I am just a softie: as documented on this thread, I haven't been the last to criticize some of his ridiculous performances but I am just so uncomfortable with the aggressivity and what borders on personal abuse. If only so that nastiness goes away, him being written out is a relief.

On a more positive note, as documented on past GH threads, I 1000% agree that the direction is atrocious and it boggles the mind that noone tried to rein in the worst impulses of WR, PL, RH etc. That is definitely something we agree on and more.

• Members

i agree with you regarding Wes Ramsey. I understand why people mocked and hated his character and bad acting choices, but the abuse — and make no mistake, it is abuse — has been horrific.

I hope Ramsey has stayed away from Twitter, which has been beyond ugly and vile. I’m not a fan of Peter is Dead parties, I know that. How long will the abuse continue? 

The character was poorly written, and Wes made lousy acting choices, compounded by his use of Juilliard in an interview. So now crucifying him is the way to go? Count me out. It’s so bad I feel sorry for the guy.