DAYS: Resumed production on Tue. 5/4, no official announcement yet from NBC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They likely do not make a guarantee of exact pay. A range is not out of the ordinary. As well, Corday is working with a budget in mind, so Corday would have reasonable knowledge of what kind of money he'd be working with overall - the talent budget is only a part of the overall production budget, and note that Deadline said If-Come deals were being made with 'key' cast members - not everyone. There is likely talent who will be given 'take it or leave it' deals if the show is renewed and others who Corday does not feel need to be secured in advance.  

• Members

I wish Sony would just sell their interest in the show. Sony has always felt like the problem to me with both DAYS and Y&R.

I'm assuming NBC wants to keep the show (Today isn't setting the news world on fire, let's be honest so no more expansion; they have no replacements in development). But just how much lower can the damn budget go? lol 

And if a game show ever did replace it, the show would be a 'name' not some new development.

Edited by KMan101

• Webmaster

Sony is bullish when it comes to getting their shows renewed by the networks. Has been for a long time. So bullish they are literally throwing incentives at the networks to keep their shows on the air even when they make little profit, including sharing ownership, if necessary, for a program (see: The Goldbergs for ABC, The Blacklist for NBC). If they are losing money and make absolutely no profit off of DAYS then I can't blame them for cutting and cutting where they have to. If the ratings continue to dwindle for "Days of our Lives" and the show is unprofitable, who is the show being made for then? A business needs money to function and profit from other programs can't continue footing the bill just so fans of a 57-year-old show are happy.

For instance, for the longest time this website had been in the red and I could have shut it down at any minute because there were many times where I couldn't afford to keep it going. I've had to make adjustments where I could to cut costs without sacrificing the reader/subscriber experience. If I didn't have a source of personal income outside of the site, and had the ability to use some of it for the site, the SON Community and the main portion of Soap Opera Network would have been shuttered a long time ago. Essentially, it was on borrowed time. This is the same thing for "DAYS." How much more can Sony do to find ways to make a dollar on a product that is losing its value the longer it is on? Unless there is a huge increase in social media buzz, magazine covers or similar due to a huge storyline that resonates with the masses, this show is just going to continue chugging along on a bare bones budget (worse than a high school play) just so no one gets blamed by the fans for canceling such an iconic show.

@KMan101 Apologies. My response above veered off of why I quoted your post. Was mostly a long rant.

• JAS0N47 changed the title to DAYS: Resumed production on Tue. 5/4, no official announcement yet from NBC
  • Members
Tamara Braun (Ava) confirmed that "Days" was back in production today. As reported last month, "Days" completed taping its current contract on April 16 and had went dark pending renewal. With "Days" back in production today, all signs point to a renewal, but NBC has yet to confirm the news.