DAYS: Resumed production on Tue. 5/4, no official announcement yet from NBC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL I've been waiting for a Hollywood Squares revival

Yeah, I'm not worried. I think I've also resigned myself to "it is what it is" at this point. I also feel like it would move online. And honestly the budget couldn't go any lower ... when we reach Peapack levels of shooting in the back alley of the studio, I'll be worried. lol 

• Members

Thank you for posting that. It does give me a slight bit of hope that this is a negotiation that got pushed back due to Covid-19 and is proceeding as normal. I sure hope so - I'd like to see DAYS get some stabilization with a 2 year renewal but I don't envision NBC and Sony agreeing to that. We wait and see I suppose. 

• Members

From the SON Ratings archive:

Week of March 3rd, 2008, first week of Peapack

HH

1. Y&R 4.0/13 (-.2/-.2)

2. B&B 2.9/10 (-.1/-.1)

3. GH 2.3/7 (same/-.5)

4. DAYS 2.2/7 (+.1/+.1)

4. ATWT 2.2/7 (-.2/-.1)

6. AMC 2.0/7 (same/-.5)

6. GL 2.0/6 (same/-.1)

6. OLTL 2.0/6 (same/-.4) <------ ties low rating

• Members

Note that Deadline says it doesn't generate profit for Sony - not NBC. NBC is of course making money off of ad revenue for DAYS - if they didn't they'd swiftly cancel it.

Sony doesn't make a profit off of the US license fee - which is why they need to sell the show overseas more than they had been (which was a big part of the Corday lawsuit). 

• Members

Honestly, if they make no profit of the current production on DAYS then maybe a good idea is to, I don't know, CAPITALIZE ON THE HUGE BACKCATALOGUE OF EPISODES THEY HAVE LAYING AROUND?

I mean, I'm just suggesting something here, no pressure.

• Members

None of the cast members are on contract anymore. 

An "If-Come" deal is essentially a contract that says if a deal is reached with the studio that the contract will be picked up - think of it like a pre-planned contract that is contingent on something else (Sony and NBC reaching a deal) happening. 

You say they can walk - but for most of the cast - to where? To what? Options within daytime are very limited and outside of daytime it's even more competitive.  

• Members

Exactly. I am sure that because this is pilot season many are auditioning and Days will be their fallback but why turn it down if they have nothing else lined up? 
The appeal of soaps for actors has always been that it is a good steady guaranteed gig. I don't see any of them turning the paycheck down if they have nothing else lined up just to make a point. What point would they be making anyway?