Days: April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Problem for me with preemptions is that people who need breaking news now have 24/7 news channels they can tune in on cable or the Internet.

There is no need to preempt regular programming on regular channels for, often, not say much of value. If you are that interested in a news story that you want to watch the press conference, switch to a news channel. As for the underlying news, a banner at the bottom of the screen is good enough

• Members

I second this. I always thought of her as "Ambien Abby" during her first stint and I've warmed up to her so much more this time. I don't think much of Kate Mansi so I hope Marci is our "final" (or "real" as ABC circa 2007 would say) Abby from now on.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

The writers finally started writing for Marci's Abby the same as Kate Mansi's, which they should have been in the first place.  Never  understood why DAYS formerly wrote Miller's so differently.  It definitely was the poor writers fault after Marci Miller has proven over and over again how good she is playing Abby with a backbone!

• Members

No matter how much they try to paint Theo as the bad guy, I will never see it that way. But I do have to ask though, who dressed Theo in that hideous shirt today 

Please register in order to view this content

Sami/Lucas and Brady/Chloe continue to be the only good parts of the Kristen storyline. Weaving Jake/Kate/Gabi/Philip into it is not the answer though. I usually like big umbrella storylines like that, but I cannot wait for this one to be over

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I can't even deal with Kate's blue hair streak today.  Didn't she lose it for awhile?  It looks awful.  Even if she was only 25.   I know she's had it for at least a decade, but some days it looks a lot worse than others.

I know Ben is the worst, but I actually thought Ciara was really cruel to him today.  I just don't think Ciara leaving the country is a solid idea when she has mental issues.  And, sure, let's jump into something with Theo.  Idk, her points weren't wrong but the way she delivered the news to Ben was so smug and unsympathetic.  I don't want to side with Ben in any capacity but Ciara was being unnecessarily terrible to him.  I mean I get it but, Ciara, you were the idiot that married him in the first place.

Lumi continue to be the best part of the show.  Love them so much!!

• Members

Of course but I am sure you realize that your reaction is exactly why they unnecessarily wrote that scene that way. They want us to sympathize with Ben despite his creepy abusive behavior. And the best way to do that is for Ciara to act like a b*tch rather than make the reasonable points she would be entitled to make.

Presumably since they want him to be viable as a romantic lead once Ciara is gone, they want us to see *his* heart broken and feel bad for *him*.

• Members

LOL!  The show is manipulating me.  I don't want to sympathize with Ben at all.  And he is creepy and not a viable romantic lead, but ruining Ciara like this is unfair.  It's not like she had much of a personality before, but ugh...I am not liking her at the moment.  It's just so obnoxious the show is doing this.

• Members

That reminds me of when JER originally planned for Jan to be the mysterious black glove hand in 2006 before he shown the door. 

I love seeing Lucas and Sami sparring onscreen again the chemistry is still so strong and natural after all these years.

• Members

i think you’re exactly right, but at the same time, it still makes me dislike Ciara to the point that I don’t care if she leaves the show.

I know Ben is a killer, but I’ve just put that in a box and shoved it out of the way. Is that because I like the way RSW looks too much? Probably. I’m just being honest about being shallow.

But pairing Ben with Claire is a BAD idea. I see NOTHING there. No heat, no chemistry, nothing.