Days: April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Charity Rahmer's best work was hitting on John.  I always wonder if that was her 'master acting' or she just literally had no idea it was her onscreen dad.  I wish her work was still available on you tube.

No, Jack and Gwen were weird.  If I tuned into the show for the first time today and you told me Gwen and Jack were a pairing I would believe you.  

• Members

It worries me because it’s feeling like Port Charles where they went on hiatus not knowing if theyd get renewed or not and as a result it ended on a cliffhanger. It’s so odd we know nothing. We don’t know if the show has a contingency plan or anything. All Ryan Qwan had to offer on Instagram was that he’s keeping his fingers crossed. This is so odd. 

• Members

That's how I feel too. It's uneasy that there's been ZERO information. On the one hand, the show has invested in new sets - why would they ever bother to do that? On the other hand, is this why Sweeney agreed to return because she knew it was a finite period of time to give the show closure? 

• Members

It seems weird they would recast EJ too if the show was ending.

Ben is such a creep.  I am seriously uncomfortable with his treatment of Ciara.  And I was fairly okay with Cin before.  Like calm down Ben!  Your wife is alive!  She may not remember you but she's not dead so that's still a win.  I am okay with them playing him as slightly psycho because he is, but should I be invested in this love story lol

• Members

The problem is that they are NOT playing this as him having remnants of his psychological problems and control issues with women.
That would actually be interesting in a "Can someone be truly reformed" kind of way - like they once did with Janet on AMC where she was genuinely becoming a better person but her psychological health had shaky moments. That's where his weird friendship with Marlena could play in because she is a psychologist and could work this out with him while worrying he might still be dangerous if it gets worse and worry if she could warn Ciara or Hope or whoever. Dilemna! Conflict! Character layers! Grey shadings! That could work.

But that's not what they seem to be going for. For them this is supposed to be a man desperately in love longing for his Juliet or something and we are supposed to be frustrated along with him that it is one more obstacle for our star-crossed lovers

Well: no.

• Members

It seem like the writers are taking the easy way out. Instead of going for that in depth character study, they're just going for all the melodramatic stuff designed to make Ben look like the hero again.

The one saving grace of all this is that Theo hasn't been ruined as a character.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I just don't understand why we should be on Ben's side.   And it's not as if Ben has waited months and months for Ciara to get her memory back.  I think she's been awake for 2 or 3 days Salem time.  His whole reform 'arc' has always been shaky at best, but now he is being an aggressive weirdo to his wife.   We've seen John/Marlena and Kayla/Steve do some pretty intense stuff during their respective amnesia stories, but it never seemed as creepy I guess.  This is actually where Hope's absence is glaring.  Ciara needs someone besides Theo on her side.  

Well, at least Lumi continue to entertain with their banter and stupid plots that will never work.  I have to laugh that the best these two legendary schemers could come up with is for Lucas to have sex with Chloe.  So dumb lol.