Days: April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't get this Cin story.  Why isn't Ben more happy that his wife is alive?  I know she doesn't remember him, but shouldn't he be happy she is alive and let her recover and regain her memories slowly?  Why is he forcing her?  It's almost creepy.  Her being alive and not remembering you is a bummer, but Ciara being dead is worse lol.  Also, why is Marlena getting involved with this when John has a more pertinent crisis currently happening?  It's really stupid.

• Members

You mean, former serial killer has trouble with being controlling and being respectful to women's psychological and physical space?

You don't say.
But here is the thing: if it was intentional and they chose to revisit his psychology in an honest way, tying this reaction back to his past, it might actually be interesting. I'd love to see Marlena confront him about it and him reckon with how much of who he was, he still is and be conflicted about it. That's a character-driven story and even with a serial killer, you can write good drama out of it.

But that's not it.
They are writing it because they think it is romantic. That his impatience is out of love and we are supposed to swoon he misses his Ciara or something. That a woman who does not remember her man is not herself.
Bite me.

• Members

I just binged the enter season to date during the past month. MM definitely benefited from better writing and a new approach. I do believe that Abby is in an alter. What would've been great:  if Gwen is actually protecting Abby, who showed up to the room and got into an altercation with Dr. Laura and accidentally pushed her. 

So Chanel drives from Miami to see her mom, but wasn't there for christening. Did they establish that Paulina was actually moving to Salem permanently? I just got that she wanted to invest there. It was strange for Paulina to direct Chanel to 'pound the pavement' to find a job there - as if knocking on doors, help wanted signs have been relevant since the 1990s. And why didn't Chanel question Paulina about staying in 'Springfield' permanently? Odd set-up, but both characters have potential. 

It's too bad that Victor can't have scenes with Ciara. I always liked their scenes, but it's understandable. Clare as a doe-eyed ingenue just doesn't work - this is combo of writing and actor. 

Please make Ben Marlena's kid. Seriously. If Cin can have a psychic connection, then the 'unspoken' mom-son bond that caused Dr. Marlena Evans to throw all logic out the window regarding Ben would be somewhat plausible.   

• Members

Totally.  If Ben was showing signs of psychological issues or something it would be fine, but it's played like a romantic love story.  And Ben is the injured party.  Just give the girl some space.  He's not even really taking the time to access the situation before making Marlena hypnotize her, which Marlena should not have done.  

Gross.  Please no.

• Members

It's a bit hard to imagine they'd cancel it with co-vid still around, but I guess they could surrender the slot to affiliates?

With that said, last time around production got shut down and everyone got released from their contracts, so who knows if they'll let it happen again just to try and get it even cheaper than last time.