• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I honestly would pair up Jason and Carly to get maximum impact.  But I would definitely have amnesiac Nina/Sonny hook up.  But no baby lol.

Jax/Carly wouldn't be as fun because Jax vs. Sonny has been done to death.  Jason vs. Sonny I can get onboard with.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Why would they even tell Chase about the affiar without the results of the paternity test??? Chase wouldn't even need to know all that should the test come out negative.

How come Jason gave up Jake because his life was too dangerous but had a kid with Sam? 

Can they move forward with either puting Jason with either Britt or Carly, or a volatile triangle of some sort.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

That’s what I thought about Chase — no reason to tell him at all until the paternity test came through. I hate stupid writing that makes the characters stupid. The acting was limp and without energy except for Josh Swickard.

Speaking of limp, Michael is boring beyond words.

Gotta love it that Sonny has amnesia but is so skilled in other areas, such as with swap shops and poker. Amazing guy.

• Members

Haha about Chase.   It's totally a situation where they have no definite answers, but let's just blow your life apart in case a 1 night stand led to a baby.  

Michael and Willow are like a Xanax, Sominex, and Ambien combined.  And Wiley is so messy! They spend entire episodes picking up his toys.

Umm..have you not been watching this show since 1995?  Of course Sonny has all the skills.  Some amnesia isn't going to bring him down.  

• Members

There’s another angle the writers don’t seem to have considered yet with the whole Peter mess... they need to get Frisco back on the action. Firstly because of his role within the WSB (he was heading it last time I remember), not to mention that he is also Maxie’s dad!! If there was anybody who would have a vested interest in protecting Maxie from Peter, it’s Frisco!

• Members

Anna did get an angry phone call from Frisco so at least he was acknowledged but I agree they could have done more with Frisco (even if he remained off screen). He could have been in cahoots with Liesl Obrecht to expose Peter but perhaps not fully sware (or turning a blind eye) to her methods of doing so (by brainwashing Dante).

• Members

Yes! I mentioned it Friday because it made the scene with Maxie sound so ridiculous. Why is he whispering? What's that choice about?

Anytime I want to defend WR because people are so mean to him, he just reminds me that, nope.
And as I often say, I don't blame him entirely: actors SHOULD try stuff and even the best actor will sometimes attempt something that doesn't convey the way they were hoping but that's down to the director to say that whispering stuff isn't working and cut it out. That's what directors are for!

• Members

i fully agree. Do daytime directors EVER give notes to actors? Do the EVER tell them ANYTHING?  Wes Ramsey’s choices have been strange and ridiculous and all over the place, and apparently no one tells him anything.

GH is guilty of this, and so are the other soaps.

• Members

Yes. I have been banging that drum for years that soap directors seem to have gotten so focused on blocking for the technical side and fancy shots so they can bring of a visual style that they forgot they also should have a role in molding the performances and directing it
Without rehearsals it is hard to know beforehand but the minute the first segment is done and you saw an actor try this kind of stupid performance trick, you need to immediately tell them to dial it down the rest of the scene.

• Members

We don't need Peter's spawn

We don't need Valentin's spawn

And we don't need Brando's crazy mother back.

Glad to see Brook Lynn back though. She was needed on the canvas. And I do kind of like the chemistry between Brando and Sasha.

William Lipton's still killing it. The kid needs an Emmy for sure. But as much as I liked the scenes between him and Xander, I do really hate that the show continues to diminish the relationship that Lucky had with Liz's boys.

• Members

Because we spend so much time criticizing WR's acting choice I'd like to stop and take the time to offer appreciation for Kirsten S'.
These scenes are a bit jarring because his affect is very different from hers (I blame, again, the director for not trying to harmonize them) but taken in isolation she delivered her calm coldy determined performance very well and I thought she was very good