• Members

Not that I didn't like the Cam/Zander scenes, but it's ridiculous they ignore Lucky's role in those kids lives.  GV's Lucky was a great father to those boys even when he/Liz weren't together.  He always considered Cam his son.   But I am sure if Lucky was on the show they wouldn't even acknowledge Zander was Cam's father so I enjoyed the scenes.   They easily could have written the Cameron dialogue as Lucky tried, but I still needed you or something.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hate to criticize William Lipton because I like him, and I know just about everyone likes him and his portrayal of Cam.

But I have to say it. He was a little extra in those scenes with Xander. I wouldn’t call it bad, but it was just too much in spots. I really think he has potential, but he needs a director or a coach to reign him in.

His desire to be good is clear, and he never phones it in, but this over-emoting here and in the crying scenes over Franco’s death is too much for television where less is often more.

Social media screaming “GIVE HIM THE EMMY” after every dramatic scene does him no good. This type of acting is not going to get him prime time or movies, if that’s what he’s after.

• Members

YES! While I ended up trimming it to focus on the directing issue - my current obsession - the initial version of my post above also had longer thoughts on how WL is young and green and even an actor who gets a lot of praise early learns and matures and gets better as he gains experience and insight on acting.
TP is hella good example - I still am not a fan but he is definitely a good actor and has reined in his worst instincts from his GL days.
I am not worried: when someone has the raw talent, casting director spot it, hire them and use directors and castmates to mold them.

I wish GH took more time to do that - and they probably do but here his scene partner was someone he had never worked with before so he probably could not give him notes.

• Members

As per usual.  She is so self absorbed she has her own pity party when Liz is going through the same thing on that very day.  This is one of the first times I felt like she actually felt sad about Sonny dying though.

Is Jason allowed to be more concerned about Jake than Carly ever lol?

• Members

So shrill and loud.  But that's always been LW's version of Carly.  She's the opposite of WR and KeMo the whisper twins...

The coffee monologue actually made me eyeroll and giggle at the same time and the dramatics of the thrown coffee cup.  Sonny would be proud of her destruction of glassware!  I would have cracked up if she hit the moss instead of the wall.  But a least Donna got her bi-monthly shout out so we remember she exists.