• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm not convinced Franco is actually dead unless they bury him with body fully visible and he's gone six to nine months. I would not jump to conclusions based on that SOD quote. But if they do bring him back as Character #3, my god. Get a life.

And BTW, I loved Todd Manning, Todd was a great character but you'd have to be real tone deaf to think Todd can lead a soap opera in 2021. Serial gang rapist Todd Manning? Good luck! I love the character and I think he could be utilized again someday in some careful way, but AFAIC you can't in good conscience go back to the days when it was acceptable to have Todd frontburner as a romantic lead. Too much has changed even in the last five to ten years.

• Members

I forgot about that.

Gia and Elizabeth had good taste LOL

That's my guess.

Drew has potential story on the canvas and can be a fresh slate for Howarth to tackle. Drew can be darker. I don't love it but I can kinda see where they might be going.

Unless I'm totally wrong, but with Howarth sticking around ... I think they know it was time to ditch Franco and this was their way to do it and keep Howarth.

• Members

I agree too

I appreciate Nina and Ava have become friends but their scenes are few and far between because of their own storylines. Nina playing mommy to Maxie is supposed to sweet but it just highlights Felicia's absence (she better be held hostage by Peter or something with an alive Alex Devane) - which I'm wondering if it's intentional to not have Felicia around. She would have been in the Anna position. I'm hoping there's a strategy. I know they pulled the sick aunt thing but ... or I'm just wishful thinking. Anywho ...

I'm still waiting for Nina to keep Sonny being alive a secret. Nina's a ticking time bomb LOL. But I assume they also want to keep Watros. I mean Nina already stole a baby so ... they can kinda 'go there' and pass it off as her grief and losing her mind.

• Members

I was just happy to see they acknowledge Felicia and where she was at.  Even as drama was going down, Felicia STILL got a mention (should we call her? Go get her? etc). At least that beat is getting played versus no one saying anything. Then we the audience would be asking 'why is she not being mentioned when she would be there?' Even now we are still talking about it. So...good job.

Please register in order to view this content

It would be nice if Felicia was being held though. 

I feel like the Sonny storyline might go there, but it should probably be once Nina is on her path for revenge. And that's the good thing about Nina. Her going crazy or vengeful has been on screen and makes it a plausible route to go with her...especially with an actress like Cynthia Watros who will sell it. In broad strokes AND subtle ways. Some of the best episodes over the last few weeks have been the subtle ways she has hinted at Nina's crazy...especially with her eyes. But a look. A hint in the body language. So when (not if) she does go, it won't be surprising, but a buildup...hopefully. And I know I'm mentioned it, but unless Peter, it would be much easier to do a redemptive arc with Nina just because of the history we already seen as well as what you said above...she's lost her mind before so...:) 

• Members

Kristina Wagner is once again an afterthought to #firefrank whose only goal in life seems to be paying Michael Easton and Roger Howarth's mortgages.  I hope he's getting something for the effort.   Maybe he has a peephole into their dressing rooms.

Roger Howarth pre-2000 was one of daytime's shining stars---  then he started phoning it in as Paul on ATWT.  He had some decent scenes as Todd when he returned and was good on the online reboot.  

I am hoping to see Obrecht/Scott scenes as a follow up to this, as well as a scene or two with Scott/Bobbie.

Can we have Mac punch Peter again, just cuz........

• Members

Remember a few days ago when there was that hair shaving scene and I said this was more about setting Cameron than setting Franco. This is what I meant.

MW is obviously everything and a bag of chips but that's also a reminder why it is so good when writers establish female friendships better. It allows for moments like this.
Maxie definitely could use Lulu right now - not just the character in GH but the character on paper needing someone to talk to to advance the story of her reaction

• Members

So supposedly William Lipton was listed in the closing credits on the 3/5/21 episode with the recurring actors. But that could be an error by ABC, so lets see if ABC confirms or denies this move. I hope this isnt a way to keep William til they find an older actor to take over.

Also is it bad that I wouldnt mind a Joss recast.

Does KW even live in CA anymore? If not maybe she doesnt want to travel to film

Edited by John

Dr. O exposing Peter.  Reminded me of the good old days. When soaps did this type of reveals at social events. All the time. GH did a great job. Having to deal with Covid and budget issues. I didn't feel anything for either Peter or Maxie. And that's a problem. I'm Team Dr. O as well. I enjoyed seeing  Liesl vindicate herself. 

Kim Delaney has been a great recast and addition to the cast. I only wish she had a better story. I hope GH puts Jackie & Robert together. Gregory Harrison is being wasted. In such a dull role.  I loved him as Michael Sharpe on FC. Even though FC last season was awful. I also can't buy him as Finn's father.  

Even this very jaded soap viewer.  Is starting to have hope. That Cynthia Watros might be able to salvage Nina. Or at the very least make her entertaining. I have a funny feeling Nina will ended up in the empty bar. And seduce a gentle, sweet amnesiac butter wouldn't melt Sonny.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I’m glad to see other criticize William Lipton in those crying scenes. I like his Cam, most of the time a lot, but those scenes were bad. If Wes Ramsey cried like that and made those faces, people would destroy him online.

I agree with others here about the teen set. They are boring beyond belief, and no one is worse than Joss. My God.

• Members

I could not disagree more re: William Lipton. It was an ugly cry, yes, but it was absolutely rooted in the emotion of the scene. It felt fully credible as a teenager responding to a terrible loss. Whereas what Wes Ramsey did the other day was... jarring. But that’s why these things are subjective, of course.

• Members

I felt the scene between Cameron and Liz needed better scripting/writing (more denial and then gradual realization that it was true) and yes maybe better direction in regard to how Lipton played out the scene.

I echo those who say that I could care less about Franco, but I’m interested in seeing those affected by his death; Scotty, Liz, Cameron.