Mysteriously dropped Storylines

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That hasn't really been dropped though. Peter originally managed to get out of it by framing Liesl for it but she's now back in town seeking revenge. Peter also confessed to Valentin that he was behind the attempt on Andre and Franco's lives just last week.

• Members

This is a pretty awesome list you gave us here and  very on-target. Great memory you have! I had forgotten 90% of those.

This one in particular though is indeed a forever question mark but we know why: Ashley didn't want to know. As far as she was concerned John was her dad, biological or not.
And Bill Bell was not shy about memory-holing stories that he was not comfortable having written in the first place, although Ashley parentage came out again during that awful dirty battle for the chairmanship between Jack and Ashley before her last departure.

• Members

Seems like the "Orphans in San Leandro" came to a conclusion of sorts.  The whole premise seemed to be creating an environment in which Lucas Prentiss would send a Prentiss Industries jet to the island of San Leandro, and Jonas would ride with him on the plane.  Leslie Brooks (wearing a blonde wig and calling herself "Pris") would stowaway on the jet, and this would be the mechanism that would bring Lucas, Jonas, and Leslie all face to face for the first time. 

I agree there was no conclusion to the Liz Foster/Stuart Brooks separation.  Not even the writers seemed to know the answer to that one.  When Liz came back to the show for a few episodes in 1986 after Jill's shooting, Bill Bell seemed to tip-toe around the subject.  Later, when Liz returned in the early 2000s, Kay Alden clearly had no idea whatsoever.   Juliana McCarthy was billed in some episodes as "Elizabeth Foster Brooks" and in other episodes as "Liz Foster".   

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Yes he did, but, when Charles Pratt, Jr. took helm as co-executive producer and head writer, he dropped the storyline, because he was uncomfortable with telling the story. And kind of the same with Nikki's M.S. diagnosis; it's not just mentioned as a trope if she's stressing out, etc.

The potential this story had if only Adrienne Leon had not been fired from the role of Colleen.

• Members

Can you imagine if Colleen were still on the canvas when J.T. returned to GC? It would also have given Traci more ways to be active story wise had Colleen not been killed. When a character like Colleen is killed, it can affect more than just that character.

• Members

Bold Beautiful 1996-97 storyline about Claudia, Enrique and the secrets of their past together in South America was dropped very soon. The characters faded away without any real explanation after so much fanfare about their conflicted love story.

Bold Beautiful 1995 Taylor's stalker. After Ridge divorced from her, she moved to the beach house. She started to being stalked by a mysterious man. He even attacked her once, wearing a balaclava. His identity was never disclosed. 

At the same time Taylor was befriended by a (apparently) nice man, a neighbour. 

Edited by AlexGrimaldi

• Members

I think the Claudia/Enrique stuff was dropped pretty quickly because Bold wanted to stunt cast Lilly Melgar and George Alvarez after their GH stints and the minor hints that Det. Garcia had a crush on Lily on General Hospital.  I think B&B quickly realized Lily/Det.Garcia were not the draw in the "Clink/Boom" storyline and both actors were pretty boring and they just moved on like they do with most of their stunt casting.   I am not even sure why they were cast.  She played one of the most hated characters on GH and he was nothing more than a glorified day player, so I am not sure who they thought was going to follow them to B&B.

Bold is full of dropped storylines and actors, moreso they any other soap I think.