Mysteriously dropped Storylines

• Members

I think in the beginning Paul Cramer came looking for his friend CJ Roberts. They were supposed to be former Boyfriends and it would have brought Tina Back but when they couldnt get someone to play Tina. It was dropped but they made Flash, Sarah Roberts.  Originally Flash was supposed to be Max & Luna's daughter

Also on OLTL, Melissa Archer said Initally she was supposed to Ben Rappaport's daughter with Gina who came to evenge her Mother's death

Edited by John

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know of any legitimate stuff that would confirm Flash was intended to be Leslie Holden on OLTL. That sounds like an old fan theory. There were lots of theories at the time about many stories, but it was clear pretty quickly that she was supposed to be Sarah. I was active at the time at the Datalounge - I haven't been back there in close to a decade, but back then we had legit insiders during the Malone II run, and nothing was ever said about Leslie. I'm pretty sure she was always intended to be Sarah but they'd simply been very stupid about thinking the audience would go along with a triangle with her, Joey and Jen.

Paul and C.J. were supposed to have been lovers, and that was supposed to be part of a supposed storyline using Tina. But everyone on the board knows all about that by now. It got junked by the network and next to none of it made to the screen, besides Paul and Flash/Sarah's initial fixation on finding C.J.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I know she was into him, and they were promoted as a youth triangle with Jen. But I think that was just Malone being clueless. They really thought people would go along with the cousins being teased romantically, IMO - it had been done before on the show, going back to the 70s and 80s with Richard Abbott and Tina, or the Woleks. And they never dated, but she was temporarily infatuated with Reverend Joe. Once they got heat for it, they had Flash throw out the awkward line that was something like 'I thought because we were just cousins that it would be okay!' It's also not the last time soaps have tried to pair first cousins since then, IIRC.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I also read that OLTL had planned more for Marcie, Her Dad, Eric (The Gay brother) & his fiancee, that also included the character of Mark Solomon but Malone was fired Higley hired and she brought Mark back to say he was Daniel Coulson's lover and Coulson Killed people to hide he was gay. Ughhh

• Members

The Claudia and Enrique storyline was dropped very suddenly. One day the characters were having a heated confrontation about their past and the mysterious coup that almost happened in their home country. The day after... both vanished in the fog just like they didn't exist, even if he was the new stylist at FC. 

Bradley Bell dropped lots of storylines, but generally in a smooth way. He loses interest in some new characters and sidelines them until they disappear. 

• Members

I don't really remember what happened to Enrique, but wasn't Claudia involved with Thorne for a bit after that?  And Macy was jealous and called INS on her lol.  But then Thorne was into Taylor and Claudia didn't need to be the third wheel in Macy/Thorne.  That's how I vaguely remember it but I could be wrong.  Lilly Melgar is gorgeous, but she's dull as dirt, so I am assuming B&B just cut their losses because she probably didn't come cheap after her GH run.

• Members

Anyone remember this one??  On Another World around 1976-77, they introduced new characters, Dino and Sharon Amate.  Dino was a painter, and Sharon was his wife.  They moved to Bay City socialized with the artistic circle of characters -- Rachel, Elena, Quentin Ames, etc..  Neither character ever did much on the show, but there was a scene in which Rachel and Dino were alone in his painting studio.  Rachel was curious about his work, and Dino seemed unusually interested in Rachel.   Dino left the room for a few minutes, leaving Rachel alone in the studio.  She was looking through a few unfinished paintings stacked against the wall, and she found a painting of a nude woman with long blonde hair.  The woman in the painting was facing away, shown only from the back.  The side of her face would have been visible, but it was unfinished.  Rachel stopped and looked curiously at the painting while the camera focused closely on it, then Dino returned to the studio.   Rachel asked Dino about the painting, and he made a dismissive remark to change the subject.   It seemed like the beginnings of a new plot, some kind of mystery, maybe. But I'm not sure the painting or the blonde woman were ever mentioned again.  Dino and Sharon stayed on the show for about 6-months, but got little screen time, and no storyline. Then they were quietly written off.    So what was the purpose of those two characters (Dino and Sharon)?  And what was the plan for Rachel and that painting?   

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Claudia was introduced before Enrique. That led to the rushed end of Thorne (new entry Winsor Harmon) and Macy's marriage. Thorne was attracted by Claudia and she lusted for him, but nothing more happened.  Then the stoyline focused on her and Enrique.

• Members

Thanks!  I thought the Enrique stuff came before the Thorne stuff.  And Enrique wanted to marry Claudia, but she wanted to marry Thorne lol.  I guess it was all dropped.  It really didn't make a ton of sense.