Mysteriously dropped Storylines

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On As The World Turns, I believe Camille was searching for her father. She became close to John Dixon, and I thought either he was her father or a red herring, but Camille left town without an answer.

And I don't think they ever attempted a story out of it, but I don't think they ever mentioned who was Cassie's father on Guiding Light. 

• Members

Since the Sean D. tribute is on GH this week, that reminds me. Was it ever the plan for Felicia to be Sean's daughter? It seemed they might of been going in that direction early on when he was after the Aztec treasure that was a part of Felicia's family legacy, but then ended up not going there after all.

• Members

I think we need to differentiate between dropped and unresolved storylines.

Deveney on B&B was really neither.  It was an unusual story because it was so time limited and it had a distinct beginning, middle and end.  Stephanie began making mysterious phone calls, it is established that she was conned into believing that Angela Forrester was alive, there's an accident, and the doctor and Deveney were apparently dead.  Then, Deveney returned, vowed revenge on the Forrester brothers using the knowledge of the real unresolved story; Thorne's shooting of Ridge.  However, before she can reveal her plan at the Queen Mary fashion show, Thorne befriends Deveney, offers to pay for her plastic surgery, and she leaves to go get reconstructed.  Thus, it wasn't really dropped, and there was no need to revisit it, it just ended.

As far as unresolved stories, I would say that Passions was the guiltiest of the genre.  Why did Chad's adoptive parents disappear?  Why did Antonio abandon his siblings?  Whatever happened to the guy who Ivy paid to say was Grace's first husband (and his son)? These were all plots with no resolution but they were not dropped in the same way that Mitch's brother on OLTL suddenly disappeared without a mention.

Edited by j swift