Mysteriously dropped Storylines

• Members

I think it's because Robin (at least at the beginning of their friendship) seemed a lot younger than Brenda.  Not just physically, but Brenda seemed so much more worldly even as a teen.  It didn't seem like they had a lot in common as teens, but it evolved into a really genuine friendship.  Robin was the good girl to Brenda's bad girl, but even to this day I think Robin is someone who would follow Brenda's lead in things.  I think it felt a little awkward for Brenda to have a friend in high school while she was in adult stories.  

Lois/Brenda just immediately clicked even though they didn't seem like they had a lot in common either.  RS/VM had a great friendship chemistry from the jump.  Lois and Brenda always seemed more equal.   I also liked Ned/Brenda, Sonny/Lois, Ned/Jax were all such good friends.  It was such an odd choice for the show to make Brenda a woman every other woman hates when she was clearly capable of strong female friendships.  Her and Olivia or her and Sam should have been buddies.

If I had to choose I think I would say I prefer Brenda and Lois, but the show would tell you Brenda/Robin is where it's at.   I like both.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic