GH December 2020 Discussion

• Members

So nice seeing Ian Buchanan and Megan Ward again. I always thought Megan Ward would have made a good Karen Wexler.

Exactly as it should be. Laura is the Marlena, Erica, Viki, etc. and it's refreshing to see her finally be allowed to take that place. It's not perfect but it's far better than what we've had, IMO. Comatose Laura. Trotted out for special events and kicked aside ...

LOL on Alexis. I love she embraces she the mess she is though.

LOL at forgetting Nik. I get it. I do love the recast though. He's Nikolas to me now, but the other two still have a special place for me, of course. Tyler originated Nikolas and was great in the role.

I think John got released on bail but they never showed us. It's like DAYS has ADD. One week is this story, the next week is this story ... it's hard to invest in, honestly. At least GH does have some flow to it, usually.

Agreed on Ingo/Jax. He's the 'white knight' with shades of grey who rescues the damsel in distress but he's never going to be the first choice. There's actually a lot they could explore with Jax as a character but he's kind of just ... there. Existing. Zzzzz. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Megan Ward as Karen would have been interesting.  They would have had to explain her needless death on PC though.  Nice to see her and IB, but it does annoy me they trot her out as ghostKate now like she was the definitive Kate (which she is-love her), but she wasn't good enough to play that crap DID story KSu did.  A story that really meant nothing in the end except she is now dead for sure and gave her a kid we never see.  Is he dead?  I don't remember.

As far as Ingo/Jax, they should have explored why he keeps choosing these basically unavailable women and how he feels being the constant loser to Sonny.  Honestly, they should really give him that layer where he is still bitter that he lost Brenda and tries to keep saving women until he 'wins' in the end. I am not saying he needs to be hung up on Brenda still, but that drives him to be the savior.  But instead, they don't really give him motivation, he just looks dumb and clueless.  They should also give him thoughts on his childhood and the lies his father told him (Miranda, etc.) and his feelings about his psycho brother.  But alas, I have given more thought to Jax than anyone on GH has since 1996 lol.

• Members

I know this isn't the right show forum but Megan Ward would make a good recast for Kristen Forrester on The Bold and The Beautiful. But we know Brad has an attention span of a gnat and would get bored with her within three months. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

KSu was way too young first off.  Second it was way too soon after the alleged love of his life Brenda dumped him.  Third, I didn't think she had much chemistry with MB.  I thought MW had way more and was more likeable.  I actually think the story would have worked a lot better with MW even if she may not have been capable of all the mental illness stuff acting wise.  Seriously, I think Trey died, but I would have to google it to be sure.  There actually was a story there with Joe Scully Jr. being the father and all.

• Members

I think bringing back Kate was one of the only options available to them given how things with Brenda ended - any new romance was IMO pointless given what that story said about Sonny. Even his current relationship with Carly feels like them both giving up and wanting something familiar. But yes, while I felt KS did some of the initial Kate stuff under Wolf reasonably well she was no Megan Ward. And I thought everything with Connie, Trey, Scully, etc. all sucked and was ruinous. I do find it weird they keep having MW come back to play Connie - a ruined character she never had to contend with, and always wearing that same dress. But I am glad they remember the Jerome siblings murdered her in cold blood.

Trey is definitely dead.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks about Trey.  I was 99% he was dead.

I guess Kate was one of Sonny's only options after Brenda (Carly being the other clear one), but there was always the option to keep him single for like six months.  It was very strange story telling.  He was off his meds, hanging out like a bum in Bensonhurst, then found Kate and it was all good.  There could have been actual character growth, but, lol, this is GH Sonny hasn't shown growth since 1996 and has actually digressed in growth.

Agreed. On him and Carly basically settling.  It's not awful, but it's not good.  It's just there and we are supposed to believe it's a great love.  It's actual a more realistic, we are getting older and enjoy each other's company, and are cool with that sorta thing.  It's definitely not the fire burning intensity of Sonny/Brenda or early Carson.  It's just a 

Please register in order to view this content

relationship between them.  It just doesn't seem like Carly or Sonny would settle for that lack of passion as characters.

• Members

Yeah after seeing Megan return in 2018 and 2020 it just cements she would have been great with the DID/Connie story. Kelly was too young and I wonder if JFP got pissed with MW . I mean MW was still appearing after being demoted to recurring. I actually liked her with Coleman

I was worried that the sedative would have made Laura Cattonic again. Im glad it seems this part of the story is short lived. Hopefully we see Florence Gray again

Edited by John

• Members

Wasn't he married to Kristina too?  That period of GH was very weird for Sonny and co.  A lot happened, but nothing truly relevant to the future.    You invest in a lot in couples or whatever, but we spent a year and half on Kate/Connie/Sonny and no one even remembers

• Members

Right? I find it comical they use the better and superior Kate, Megan Ward, when they need Connie to pop up. Since like you said, she wasn't 'good enough' to play the DID. Honestly, she'd have been better and I'm pissed she didn't get to play it. She reminds me of a less theatrical Kate Collins (and that's not a knock; it's a compliment to both). 

Agreed on having to explain away that pesky Karen death ... lol. I like to forget it happened. I just always thought for some reason Ward would have done well as Karen. Especially at the time you had Scott finding out Logan was his son. Karen/Kate .. lol. I tend to 'recast' in my head when I feel like a new character could have just been a recast of a previous character.

lmao on Jax. I mean, as fans, we do know these characters better and it's a shame soaps don't go deep with characters anymore. Truly deep. I miss the truly psychological aspect of soaps, if that makes sense. You could really explore Jax but no one seems to care. LOL. He serves a purpose and then they lose interest. I'm shocked he hasn't left yet. I'd say try Jax and Alexis again but it's hard to separate the actor and his views from his character at this point too.

They keep teasing Nina/Jax/Carly but seem unwilling to truly go there (to be fair it seems on hold; though I'm guessing it's only to fuel Nina's return to Valentin even if Jax and Carly don't do anything), even though Ingo and Laura Wright do have chemistry, or at least they used to (though I think Laura Wright could find chemistry with a phone book). I need to see them more together. Jax and the Brenda/Carly hybrid together probably makes the most sense at this point if they want to keep Jax.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I am liking the idea of MW as Karen more and more.  It would have made MW more viable because Karen had so many connections: Scott, Robin, Jason, Sonny, plus she was a doctor.  And since they gave Olivia Kate's backstory basically. I do think Kate Ward is much more lively than Cari Shayne.  I always thought her Karen was pretty lame lol.  But she could have been paired with Jax since we know Karen is definitely a damsel in distress and she has the same taste in men as Brenda lol.  The show could have easily ignored her death or made some lame excuse since we ignore selective PC happenings like Livvie is/was Kevin's daughter.  Although I fear the show would have paired her with Sonny to give him some redemption for his awful treatment of her when he was a teen.    And I would hate that, since that seems to be the one misdeed Sonny still owns up to even in the present day.

I like Ingo/Jax probably more than most (politics aside).  I do like that he is one of the more outspoken critics of the mob and is allowed to say Sonny and Jason suck and I think he is still very handsome and has charisma.   Unfortunately, outside of the Carly/Sonny/Jax/Brenda stuff, the show never knows what to do with him and he has sort of outlived his usefulness.  I wish he would share more scenes with Ned and Alexis.  Help Alexis with her problems and help Ned with ELQ.   I always thought Olivia might be fun with Jax.  But again, she is a former Sonny paramour, but definitely to a lesser degree.  I do agree Carly is probably his best option and it's a really good pairing chemistry wise for LW/IR, but it will leave Sonny alone and that won't happen.

Lol!  Carly really has turned into a Brenda/Carly hybrid.  Without, the 90's VM charm or actual chemistry with MB.  Carly truly has lost all the traits that made her unique in the past.  It's weird because Carson as a couple don't really drive story. 90% of what Sonny and Carly do on the show could be done whether or not they were a couple, if that makes sense.  The show isn't really selling a love story with them, they are just there and together lol.