GH December 2020 Discussion

• Members

I only follow GH by reading this thread. Why was Julian finally killed off? I imagine Sonny and Jason did it like they always do. I don’t think I can ever get back into the show if there’s never a change with those two old mobsters still being the town heroes.

Edited by Antoyne

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So from what I’ve seen in clips on Youtube, Sonny and Jason finally tracked down Julian in Secaucus. Julian subsequently got injured after being shot by one of Cyrus’s men during an ambush and escaped.

Sonny got to Julian alone on a decrepit footbridge not far from the bus station. Sonny gave Julian the option to come back to Port Charles and help nail Cyrus once and for all. However, Julian had lost a lot of blood from being shot and had nothing left to lose. So he did a fake-out of being unconscious, and then took one last desperate lunge at Sonny to stay alive. Unfortunately, Sonny’s gun went off in the struggle and shot Julian (AGAIN!).

Julian then finally collapsed dead on the bridge, at which point Jason appeared. Then the bridge collapsed into the river taking down both Sonny and Julian. At this stage, Julian’s body has been found (he is finally DEAD dead), but not Sonny.

Edited by OzFrog

• Members

Yep exactly, because Sonny and Jason knew that Julian could link Cyrus to the Floating Rib bombing. Obviously Sonny had his own vendetta against Julian re Wylie, but that took a step aside to getting rid of Cyrus, whom Sonny believes (with merit) is much more dangerous.

• Members

Not for nothing, but how do you not immediately hide the booze when you have an alcoholic in the room?

The Molly/TJ/Brando story should have been played more, especially since Brando is now moving on to Sasha. How many ladies have been in Brando's orbit now?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The lack of interest in Kristina is perplexing.  I don't need to see LA/Kristina everyday, but she's more exciting than Michael lol.  And Kristina strangely misses events she should be part of like Mike's death.  The show used to be really invested in her and I guess after the re-casting and re-re-casting show only is trotted out for some events.  I have to be honest, I would rather watch Kristina's adventures as a bi-sexual than Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha being boring and having zero chemistry.  Being that she's 28 and married herself now, Kristina might finally look old enough to be paired with NP/Ethan if they ever get him back for good.

• Members

I said it on Twitter a week or two ago. The five minutes of screen time Lexi Ainsworth got this season on Shameless gave her more material than the last five years of her playing Kristina on GH. I always wanted Kristina to be Lucky Santangelo esque and take over Sonny's organization. 

• Members

I'd rather watch Kristina too. They also leave her out of Alexis' stuff. It's bizarre. And they make an effort to explain her absence too! LOL. 

Michael/Willow/Chase/Sasha are soooooo boring. I like Chase and all but the quad is snoozeville. Sasha was fun as a coke head. She has some potential but the actress is still kinda green and they don't seem 100% invested in her, IMO. She still feels like dead woman walking. I'm kinda surprised they didn't off her. 

Wanted to add it's absolutely hilarious to see Jason's passion for Sonny. He shows more emotion for that man over anything else. Though he did manage to water his eyes during his breakup with Sam. LOL. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

She's probably the only child of Sonny's I could see being smart enough to take over Sonny's organization, but I prefer it when she's mad at Sonny.  Outside of Dante/Michael being mad at Sonny for a few months years ago, she's the only child that had real issue with Sonny and his job and his abilities as a father.  I wonder if LA is unavailable a lot or something because her absence generally makes no sense.

I actually like Sasha and Chase.  I have always liked Sasha.  I thought her and Willow were very interchangeable at first, but now Sasha has a coke problem so that's cool.  I get what you are saying about the show not be invested in her.  She always seemed like a minor character they decided to keep longer than initially planned.  The quad just lacks any spark and someone needs to be the vixen or bad guy because it's boring.  

I think SBu plays up Jason's reactions to Sonny on purpose. I think he's sort of in on the joke that Sonny and Jason are the true love story.  And I don't think SBu/Jason has cared about JaSam in the better part of a decade.  I think SBu is still capable of being good but chooses to phone it in, while MB phones it in but doesn't realize that's what he's doing if that makes sense?  I think MB generally thinks he's doing great work, while SBu knows he's not lol.

• Members

Finishing up 12-11-20 and...

GOD BLESS TRACY QUARTERMAINE!!! Oh, how I want her to stay. Loving these scenes with her and Alexis.

I hate to admit it given how much I don't like them...but this is the most that I've felt for a Sam/Jason breakup. It's been well done for me so far. Like I said in an earlier post, I like the angle they are taking this time with it. All the other times that I was watching, Sam was ABOUT THAT LIFE. The difference this time is that she got a taste of a better one with Drew. A legit life. A safe, but exciting life. And to go backwards...yeah, I can see where she is going with it. 

Awwww....Nik and Ava are together. Nice.

So...a loose end...Julian has a baby with Kim out there. So if this ends with Julian's death which it looks like it did/is...that Jerome thread will ALWAYS be out there.

I don't think I will ever get used to Carly and Sam getting along. lol.

Dare I say it...Scotty and Dr. O?

And I liked that my suspicion was right and it is looking like a double wedding with Finn/Anna and Maxie/Peter...right as all the plot threads having to do with Peter...are coming to a head. So...February Sweeps?

Franco...meh. 

• Members

12/14/20

A Lucky Mention!!!

I'm not a fan of flashback episodes, but given how many things I've missed...it's a godsend today. 

Watching Tracy be a Quatermaine is always fun.

ETA: I see Britt is still looking Hot AF since her return.

Edited by Taoboi