GH December 2020 Discussion

• Members

I just watched those Laura/Cyrus/Martin scenes. I do not blame Laura one bit for the WTAF facial expressions she had the whole time, especially when Cyrus and Martin were arguing.

And I can honestly say that I could see where Martin was coming from with his animosity towards Cyrus. And most surprisingly, I could actually see some insight into Cyrus’s underlying motivations.

That whole scene dialogue was amazing, and it didn’t require Laura to do much except acting as the audience proxy going WTAF the whole time. This is why GH is my fav out of the 4 soaps at the moment.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm glad that Laura is front and center, as she should be, but Cyrus and Martin being her brothers feels so random. Digging into Laura's history is nice, but now she has these nobodies as brothers. Cyrus is lame. I wouldn't mind MEK's character if they had him drop that horrible accent.

Julian's exit feels like it's been going on for years. These shootouts get so old.

It was very disappointing that Real wasn't there for the reunion with Trina. I can't believe they temporarily recast Taggert instead of just waiting to film those scenes. They really thought it was a good idea to do those scenes on the recast's first day.

I'm sure it won't last, but I like Sam kicking Jason to the curb. She actually looks like a smart, responsible parent doing this. It really makes Carly look dumb in comparison for sticking with Sonny. When your husband is so dangerous that your teenage daughter has to have a bodyguard, it's time to leave him. Also, it makes me laugh how baby Donna never gets mentioned. Why did they bother giving them another kid?

• Members

I agree 100% about MEK. He can stay if he isn't going to that AMC reboot. The Colonel Sanders accent can gradually be dropped like they did with Mac's Australian one years ago.

As for Cyrus, I get the sinking feeling judging by the reveal that they are setting up Laura to feel some form of sympathy because of his past, maybe eventually forming a poor man's version of the Vicki/Todd sibling dynamic. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Members

This

I agree it's nice and refreshing to see Laura front and center. I appreciate they dug into her history. I don't care much about Cyrus or Martin, but I do like MEK of course and Martin is slowly growing on me. The Colonel Sanders accent is comical but I assume he did it so people don't think he's playing Tad. 

Sonny and Carly did NOT need Donna. Lord. Even the writers seem to forget about her at times. That says something. 

I like the Sam and Jason conflict too. It needed to happen. Jason deserves to be alone. It's tiresome seeing a 50 year old play lapdog to an aging mob boss. It's almost a parody at this point. Time for something different. 

• Members

I could understand the writers giving Carson Donna if there was a point.  And I think there was, it just got dropped.  Wasn't she a high risk baby or had a disease?  I guess it just for Carson having a bio child since Morgan is dead.  But Sonny/Brenda don't have a kid and that's his most famous pairing so it's just weird to give them a kid that means nothing.

I still find the JaSam angst fake.  She knew what she was getting into about 20 years ago.  Now it's a problem?

• Members

Everyone was worried that she was going to have spina bifida, but she had a surgery that corrected the problem. There was definitely interference from somebody. Either that or the writers just didn't know what to do with that story.

At this point it's pretty clear, along with the interference, that Chris and Dan don't really do a lot of plotting when it comes to story.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Binging through the end of November into early December. I have to admit I only really watch when Laura is on so it has been great seeing Laura back. I am loving seeing Laura recall the past as the Grey mystery builds but definitely Lesley is missing from this. It would have been great to see Lulu more involved and three generations in a story together-something we were neglected and only soaps can give. 

Nice to see Taggart is alive but WTF with his working with Carly and Sonny. 

Nice to see the cast being peeled back but they have a long way to go. 

Ava and Nikolas should be front and center and Carly/Sonny/Jason/Sam can just fall into an abyss for all I care. I can't stomach seeing them as judgemental heroes any longer. I actually miss the Guza writing for them at least it was realistic and they were played for what they were. 

• Members

Well she didn't actually have kids 20 years ago. It does feel forced to give them conflict but it's believable.

Yep, I think the only reason Carson had Donna was so Carly and Sonny would have a biological kid tying them together, even though we all know it's inevitable they bring Morgan back at some point. IMO. Not that I need or want to see it; but I could see some drama and potential. I'd have it come out that Morgan is Avery's biological father. But they can do it without him.

• Members

Well, Sam was pregnant like 17 years ago and was fine with Jason raising her Sonny spawn, but I am not much of a Sam fan.  So I can't be that objective about her.   I guess it makes sense, but Sam actively campaigned for Jason to impregnate her broken uterus for years lol, so I can't take her seriously.

I am shocked they haven't brought Morgan back yet.  Especially with BC letting us know he's available to come back lol.  Avery should 100% be Morgan's kid.  I do think he needs to be back.  All of Sonny's other kids are super boring.  I am not sure why Carson need a bio kid.  It doesn't solidify their love story one way or another.  Sonny has impregnated half the town, so WTG Carly?  I know this has been said a million times before, but Sonny has way too many kids.  There is no story for Kristina, but let's give Sonny 2 other daughters 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg