GH December 2020 Discussion

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

From Wiki-

Lesley came to Port Charles in March 1973 and immediately joined the staff at General Hospital. Florence Gray became one of Lesley's first patients. Florence was suffering from stomach ulcers, which she thought were caused by her troubled marriage with Gordon Gray. She started seeing psychiatrist Peter Taylor. Florence told Peter about her husband's affair with one of her students years earlier. He had gotten her pregnant but the child died at birth. Peter told Lesley about Florence's history and is shocked to find out that she was that very student who had the affair with Gordon. He reentered Lesley's life and confessed his love to her. Gordon was about to leave Florence and start a new life with Lesley. She asked Dr. Steve Hardy to be taken off the case. Lesley convinced Gordon to stay with his wife. She was then tormented by the memories of giving birth, and losing her daughter.

She then later learns Laura was alive, and illegally adopted by the Vining family, which is why Amy was her sister.

• Members

If I were a middle aged woman with 3 ex-husbands, 3 kids, and 6 grandkids, I don't think I would care that much if I met some stranger who claimed to be my half-brother from a father I barely knew.

My reaction would be; if I got over the fact that my adopted step-father, (who I only knew for two years of my life), killed some nurse in my mother's attic, and my son's grandfather tried to freeze my hometown, while his grandmother kidnapped me to a private island, I would suggest you guys move on as well...

Edited by j swift

• Members

Laura’s silent and sorta bemused reaction mirrored my own. It was like, what is this bizarre theatrical production I just walked into? It just didn’t land for me, with all the yelling and exposition and MEK’s bad accent.

Meanwhile, Michael Logan came off a two-month social media hiatus to post this. What show was he watching?

• Members

I do like this story, but one thing I'm not to keen on is that they seem to have retconned (not sure if in error or on purpose) Gordon Gray's involvement in the baby switch. The recaps that @FrenchFan has been posting confirm that it was Lesley's father who was behind the switch that led Laura to be raised by the Vinings, not Gordon.

• Members

If family was so important to Laura she might mention the whereabouts of her other adoptive half-brothers Mikey and Rick Webber Jr.

BTW, do you think they stopped referring to her as Laura Webber so as not to confuse younger viewers as to why her niece Elizabeth had children with her son Lucky?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Laura Collins just doesn’t feel right to me, I wish she had stayed Webber.

And you are right about her other brothers, although these two are biological.  It’s just wild that these two clowns are now tied to one of the most important characters ever on this show.

That’s really cool if true, and now I get why they didn’t stunt cast.

You know who is missing from this storyline?  Lesley!

And flashbacks, of course.  But I know they more than likely do not exist.  Days fans are so lucky that their history is intact!

• Members

I just watched some of those scenes on YouTube, and I totally agree that they were strange to watch. What an odd mishmash of acting styles. The three of them barely seem to be acting on the same show, much less be siblings. At least MEK is a pretty good actor, albeit one doing a bizarre Foghorn Leghorn accent. But the guy playing Cyrus is just terrible and completely unbelievable in the role of a fearsome crime boss. I hope the show quickly gets bored of him and kills him off, just like they do with all of Jason and Sonny's other antagonists. 

There's nothing particularly captivating or engrossing about either brother. Their both gross bottom of the barrel creations. I like Laura getting relatives. But it shouldn't be these two. I do have to give GH credit. For using Laura's pre-Luke history. Never thought i would hear names like The Vining's, The Grey's or David Hamilton.  MEK has become so lackluster. And his character was never much to begin with. Neither is big bad Cyrus. The best thing about all this. Has been Genie Francis. Just slaying it. I just don't see Laura. Having a warm and fuzzy relationship. With her new found siblings. They're both to creepy for that.

Edited by victoria foxton