GH December 2020 Discussion

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That shot from above of Ned and Alexis- this is a professional, network television show.  Who is approving shots like this?  The tops of two middle ages actor’s heads, and the floor surrounding them?  Unflattering, and makes little sense with the conversation they were having.

Maybe a good idea if another character was supposed to be there and overheard them, but I didn’t need to see the top of the closet door for no reason.

• Members

I have to say though, Genie Francis and Jane Eliot made me feel something that the overall production struggles at- honest emotion that felt real, in one hug.

I will be curious once Laura finds out this was mob violence- when Lucky died, she went scorched earth on Sonny, Jason, and Luke.  I’m sure that won’t happen this time.  She and Sonny are like best buds now.

• Members

I only pop in on GH here and there now for years, but when I do, I'm super surprised that the show has such a visual point of view.  I'm not saying it always works, as this sounds bizarre.  But they're always working angles and try to use all parts of their sets.  And the camera MOVES, a lot.  Being a "Days" viewer where their cinematography and direction is so static (and they have no aesthetic), GH's style is appreciated by me.  But maybe I'm giving way too much credit as I'm not even close to a regular viewer?  I agree "different" shots should feel purposeful, not random.