GH December 2020 Discussion

• Members

Look at that, the matriarch of Port Charles just had a sick old woman kidnapped from a long term care facility. That's not what matriarchs are supposed to be, Frank!!!

I didn't hate the Cyrus storyline but it's been all over the place, especially in the last few months. Are we supposed to have sympathy for him now or something? It's pretty clear that Chris and Dan don't plot for long term storyline, and look what happens. You either get a disjointed mess, or a story that stays on one note for far too long (Hi, Peter!) Say what you will about Ron and his Gwen storyline on DAYS, but it's pretty clear he plotted it out really well. Hopefully, this changes on GH in the new year.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they are slowly reintroducing Britt to us.  Eventually, I think they will start to talk more about how much it hurt her to give up Rocco.  I know she is not his biological mother, but she is still his birth mother.  Granted, she had no right to steal Dante and Lulu's embryo.  But that doesn't lessen the reality of her pain when she had to give him up.  If the writing team is any good, we will see some scenes with them when he is a little older.  

For that matter, I don't like how they have totally discarded Claudette.  I would like to see her back, at least occasionally.  And there should be some mentions from Charlotte about Claudette being someone special to her.  

• Members

Well, I have to admit I completely forgot about the entire Rocco thing lol.  Maybe the show will bring it up again someday, but I doubt it.   I forgot that whole stupid saga with Patrick and the baby and then Sabrina and the baby.  Oh well, I guess Britt wanted kids too.  

I definitely don't need to see or hear about Claudette again.

• Members

Starting 12-28 so I have to admit...

I giggled at the team-up of Franco, Dr. O, and Scotty. And yes, I do not like Franco, but that scene (with the near miss by Peter and Maxie) was hilarious.

I hope when this is over, we get the Anna/O rivalry back.

And seeing it on my screen (and what SOD hints at) I could be done for Britt and Jason. As we already discussed, as long as they keep her a bad problematic girl with Jason as the straight man, it could work. 

Now as for the short X-mas week...

WHO RUNS THE ROOST??? TRACY RUNS THE ROOST!!! LOL!!! Lord, it feels so great to have her back. And she is already in Ned's business, and being a Quartermaine and framed Alexis. And she is running everyone. LOVE it. Can she stay?

Please register in order to view this content

And I like the fact that the framing dived into more drama. Alexis and Diane fell out. Molly got pulled in and now she's telling TJ the truth about Brando. Connecting various plots resonating. 

I see what you all were talking about. Taggert recast was hot...but the fact we had OriginalTaggert back and the very next day we had the recast. And that day was the episode when Trina learns he's alive. Ugh. That said...I've been enjoying the fallout. Curtis and Jordan on the outs. Portia being angry. Molly/TJ due to Alexis doing the foot in mouth with Jordan. And the fact Curtis was busy with Laura (plots connecting) when this went down. Feels so domino effect.

Liking that the Julian death aftermath (and the missing Sonny mystery) is how soaps should be. Playing the beats and having people find out gradually. Slowly but surely everyone has been finding out that should find. I think right now...Lucas is the only one left. I think Olivia found out from Tracy. 

And saving (for me) the best for last...I loved seeing the mystery resolved with Laura and Florence Gray...and I believe you all said that was the original actress. Cool!! I love that there was a story centered on Laura and I was worried because for a time it seem like Cyrus was all for Sonny. THIS is where the conflict should be. I loved seeing Laura teamup with Curtis (more of this please). And I actually liked the reveal. I just wished we had flashbacks.

As for writing...well...it seem like from my hit and mess viewing before now...that the writers were setting up the Cyrus/Laura angle for a while. Now the Martin angle...yeah that was added on to keep Michael Knight...which I don't mind since I like MK. Hopefully, they do something more with him. As for Cyrus, I am sure he is dead man walking, but I suspect the next beat in this story is Laura trying to know her half-brothers and probably trying to redeem Cyrus which of course will put her in conflict with Sonny...which could be good if they don't prop Sonny. But...we will see.

Now...more Liz, Terry (seeing her scenes now), and I'm ready for this double wedding where I am sure that ALL of Peter's secrets (and probably the truth about Finn and Chase) come out. 

These past few weeks have been really nicely paced watching it back and NO momentum has been lost while they switched through the various plots. Just looking back over what I've written, there's been a lot of plot that has resonated and connected and feels organic. Not perfect...but good. 

• Members

Close. Olivia was at the Q mansion with Ned and Tracy when she got the call to say that Julian was dead. And Alexis only found out when she saw the notification on her phone (because Sam had found out only after she walked out on Alexis at the police station). That whole reveal sequence was really well done, I fully agree.

• Members

Same here. 

There's always going to be something that could have been done differently, or better, but GH has been watchable from day to day over the past few weeks. It just seems like they're always afraid to really shake things up. IMO, that's what the show needs more than anything. If it were me, I would just blow everything up at the wedding, and make it so that no one involved in that storyline is ever the same again.

• Members

Oh, good! I was doing something and I remember Tracy getting the call, but I could not remember if Olivia was still in the room. lol.

But yes, that whole sequence was well done. And NLG sold her look when she got the phone notification. I felt that. I did not see the end of Jelexis...only the start and a bit of the middle pre-wedding. But...I heard thangs.

Please register in order to view this content

I admit I am getting excited. I suspected there would be a double wedding since you all mentioned that Anna FINALLY knows that Peter ain't her son, but is not telling. Meanwhile, you have Peter who is running around with his secrets about Drew, framing Orbecht, and the like. So I hoped they would go the double wedding route for maximum impact. And cheered when Maxie asked Anna. Cuz that is too much of a golden opportunity to explode all these secrets and stories (now we have Franco, his tumor, and the voice added onto it...worried he will overshadow who should find out ie. Anna and Maxie, but we will see.) at the same time. And I'm happy to see that the writers really are building toward it like puzzle pieces falling into place...the latest being Orbecht teaming up with Franco and Scotty and returning to PC and Jackie coming back into play as Finn told Anna about suspecting maybe Chase is his son, not brother. I'm just wondering if they are doing the double wedding in January or going to play the beats of planning, bachelor/bachelorette party, etc. so they can have a great February Sweeps if they go there. And I agree...if they are going through all of these trouble to have an explosive Sweeps...the characters ESPECIALLY ANNA, MAXIE, AND FINN have to not be the same after it, reset/spinning them off to interesting and new directions. 

EXACTLY!!!