GH December 2020 Discussion

• Members

TB played Carly as more a romantic heroine type, and Laura’s version plays more like she came from wealth and looks down on everyone else.  The grit is missing.  It was especially noticeable when she started running the Metro Court and was married to Jax that they had removed her core personality.  When she had just a club, that fit more to me, although Sarah’s Carly wasn’t really known for hard work.  She was looking for a way out of having to work for a living and reveled in power.

Those kids sure are over what happened to Dev.  I get Taggert is the bigger story, but come on.

Also- the Cyrus story is only interesting when Laura and Taggert are in the mix.  Laura works well with so many characters over the years, add Curtis to the list.

What was the point of casting Kim Delaney as Jackie?  Talk about a dropped storyline/character.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

TB's Carly definitely was a romantic heroine type.  And I think she was the most believable in a romance with Sonny.  She was scrappy, but I never got a white trash vibe from her like SJB.

LW at times plays Carly like white trash, but other times she seems like an upper class suburban soccer mom.  I don't know how I would describe her Carly except to say loud and entitled.   She isn't someone I really buy Sonny OR Jax being interested in, but she is.  Carly has just become such a different character than what was initially intended it's hard to even define any of her characteristics.  

• Members

Please pair Michael with him!!  Lord knows he hasn't had chemistry with a woman since Abby got hit off screen by a crane lol.  Also talk about a crap exit.  ABBY deserved more.  Lol.  Anyhow, I would love to see Sonny deal with a gay son.  The possible reaction gives me life.

I am kinda meh on the Laura situation.  I wish it was better

• Members

Off the charts.

And people behind the scenes know it too. You could tell the writers were trolling us with some of that dialogue lol I'll just assume that after the episode ended, Michael went back and he and Chase got it on right there in the locker room.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

A shame he waxed.

That said...nice body.

I'm on last week, but I wanted to say that I am intrigued by the Sam story. The difference between her and Jason and his mob life is that she FINALLY got a taste of what it was like to not be in the mob life. And she thrived...in media, has kids, had a guy she loved (even if it was Drew not who she thought Jason) and she was HAPPY. 

It is an external/internal conflict and worth exploring. 

• Members

What a stunt casting waste with the woman in the bed!  They could have made Cyrus and Colonel Tad’s mom into an event!

I wish this type of story with Laura had been told back in the day, it would have had more going on and a character of Laura’s stature deserves that.  But back then I also wanted Luke and Bobbie’s dad to show up seeking forgiveness (Bobbie would have of course, and Luke would not).

And Chase has chemistry with everyone.  They haven’t had an actor like this on GH in ages.  He is a serviceable actor, not anything great there, but he does generate chemistry all over the place.

• Members

Sydney was great, and her reactions were completely believable. There was good writing and good acting in those scenes.

And I know it was probably unavoidable but I do have to say that the impact was diminished a lot because it wasn't Real Andrews playing the scene.