Y&R November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Michelle Stafford is so irritating to watch. Shame because she is actually gifted.

I’m underwhelmed by her introduction. Yes, she’s an ambitious go-getter, but she also comes across as a bit naive.

The focus on Abby/Chance is baffling. They should be a C-story at best.

• Members

I haven’t been totally thrilled about Michelle’s acting since maybe 2010. Honestly I think it’s the writing and directing. The show wants to appeal to younger demographics and it’s turned many of the better actors into cartoons. Or maybe it’s just the effect of being older and not having the energy to go 100% all the time. I noticed the same with Sharon Case and Peter Bergman. 

As for Courtney Hope/Sally, I saw very mixed to bad reviews of her online. From what I’ve seen, her acting style is maybe a better fit for GH.  I could totally see her fitting into the show maybe 10 years ago around Jana, Amber, and Kevin, but not the talent that’s currently on the show. She will probably seem more dramatic and outshine many within this new crew and that’s an indictment on them not her. 

• Members

I’ve seen that too, but part of that I think is because CH/Sally looks so much better compared to Summer/Kyle’s crappy story at the moment not to mention Sally has finally given Theo the spark he needed. Haha don’t understand what the heck is going on with them at the moment nor understand why they even have fans tbh lol. Maybe if Kyle had slept with Lola again it would make more sense than what it does now. 

I could spend a whole hour watching people talk to Jill on Zoom like Chance & Abby did the other day as opposed to the other things on this show. Because right now The Who Shot Chance story is a total bust.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

So funny to see Melissa Ordway film with her actual husband, allowing Abby and Chance to be actually seated closer than 20 feet away from each other. And kiss. 

Justin Gaston is no great thespian, but he’s still 3,000 times more appropriate as Chance.

Edited by Faulkner