Y&R November 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe I was young, but I thought CLB was very convincing as a short-term violent heterosexual harasser in the early ‘90s. It’s just when he was reformed and settled into playing Michael Baldwin (and maybe more of a reflection of his dandyish self) that he became less convincing. (I hate that they moved the edit button lol.)

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Abby’s such an idiot. Elena told her that seeing Chance would put him at a risk of infection, and she rushes in to see him? Just thinking of people who can’t see hospitalized relatives due to COVID...and Y&R is playing that sh!t like it’s cute and romantic. Tone-deaf.

Is Lola being phased out? It does seem like Sally might vie with Summer for Kyle, which wouldn’t leave Lola with much to do.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It’s been interesting as Y&R has been the one show to even subtly imply COVID with Nick & Rey mentioning having to social distance in Crimson Lights a while back, Phyllis telling her accountant she knows the world situation is bleak for her hotel etc but at the same time ya almost sounds like one of the writers lives in Thudley Bell’s world. 

It would be a good opportunity to

go ahead and have Lola leave with Theo because right now she’s dead weight.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Someone needs to call out the Devon/Elena/Nate rewrite. When did Elena fall for Nate? Flirted, yes. Fall in love? Nah. Last I knew she was freaking out about Amanda and Devon.  I know she has more chemistry with Nate, but several beats were missed in between from what I’ve read online. 

• Members

If I was to hazard a guess, I’d say it’s the show wanting to get their timelines ‘back on track’ so Sweeps, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc could be as originally designed. I remember a bit of wishful thinking from people like me that those in charge would use the lockdown period to do a soft reset, even if it meant ditching some of the stories that lead into it.

Alas, the skipping of beats, and rushing of plot points option was exercised instead.

• Members

Did the Summer actress have too much Botox? She looks terrible these days.

Adam and Chelsea are still going round and round. Yawn

I’m enjoying Miss Sally Spectra. 
I’m a little bummed that they ended Devon and Elena  just to pair him with MM again.

They need to end Kyle and Summer for good. The two are boring together and I don’t think the actors have much chemistry. He deserves some fun, perhaps with Sally!