DAYS: Actress staying for a bit longer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ron's best story since he joined is the Aly pregnancy story but of course it's short lived and involves a bunch of actors Corday had to fire to meet budget this year.  The 'who gets the baby' in the old days would have lasted a year at least.  It was all so rushed and played along side another Ron special train wreck, Eve's revenge, which was unwatchable as usual.

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

Not a lot of productions up and running so not surprised to hear actors like Sweeney and Thiebaud are running back to their soaps for a paycheck.

But yeah, Sweeney/Sami brings energy to the show. Pay her whatever she wants. They aren't paying Alfonso anymore.

• Members

Same.

You mean since she found out he was alive? Appeared no. I want to say during one of her last visits, Sami mentioned his therapy was going well though. I think someone else will know better than me though on mentions.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Great news for the show. AS managed her 2014 exit from DAYS perfectly: she has built her Hallmark producing business enviably and has dipped into DAYS in such a way that she maintains goodwill with the audience and TPTB at DAYS and Sony and NBC. 

It sounds like a deal that will take her well into 2021. 

• Members

Sounds like it's a year deal basically per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/days-of-our-lives-alison-sweeney-return-production-resumes-sami-brady-1203019307/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I assume all her Hallmark projects have been put on hold since they rely so heavily on romance plus the added costs of co-vid precautions might make them not worth to shoot at the moment. I guess that why she was willing to jump on for a year arc.

• Members

This is what I find so outrageous about DAYS’ advance production schedule. All too often you will have actors who will “leave” the show and make a big fanfare of saying “oh it’s been so wonderful, thank you for having me on”, while in the meantime the production is far in advance that they’ve probably taped new appearances 2-3 times by the time they’ve made their initial “farewell speech”.

This is why I don’t pay too much heed to DAYS’ comings and goings anymore, due to the immense lag time.

• Members

For real. I've stopped keeping track. Aside from Kristian Alfonso (who will no doubt return for the inevitable series finale down the road), I pretty much assume anyone who leaves will be back or is already back. 

I'm glad Ali Sweeney is sticking around longer. But I hate how the status of Sami's life has been in such a state of limbo ever since her 2014 exit. The idea of chasing EJ around all over the world and now caring for someone who's supposedly EJ with 90% body burns (but who will probably return onscreen one day with perfect skin) just feels erratic. I'm over a month behind on DAYS, but is there any mention of Johnny?