GH August 2020 Discussion

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

All this. I've been tuning back into GH after what is literally years. Like you, the sets really impress me in their spaciousness, and so does the lighting and shooting which allows two actors to look closer together than they actually are.

Secondly, Lindsay Hartley has literally breathed fresh air into the character of Sam and the show as a whole. Everybody sat up and brought their game up. She seemed so grateful to be there, too.

KeMo does not comes across well in that not-so-blind item about refusing to wear a mask. I'm glad GH enforced the rules and put her in a two-week time-out. Honestly, I think Monaco is tired and done with the show. If I'm speculating, I'd say her focus is on BM exclusively, looks like she wants to settle down with him. I say let her, and recast LH as Sam.

ETA: Forgot to say I've been enjoying watching Lisa LoCicero again. Forgot what a good little actress she is.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Uncle Frank has announced they will not be writing COVID-19 into the show beyond name-checking frontline workers at the Nurses Ball, because the important storylines they had in place were too far ahead to bear rewriting and changing. Give me a fùcking break. This show is called General Hospital and you can't do a pandemic-related storyline in the 2020s? You can't have it become a central aspect of your hospital-based soap opera? You want to write about "love during wartime," as Guza called it - this is it! This is why daytime is dying.

• Members

Totally agree. This is a virus we still do not fully understand and that is constantly evolving -- therefore constantly evolving SL potential.. It also hits right at the heart of our most basic human necessity -- social and physical contact. I would think the stories write themselves.

The yearning of not being able to be in the arms of the one you love.

The audiences' dismay at a beloved long-time character catching this and forced into quarantine away from loved ones.

Somebody collapses at the door of the hospital and, given the lack of PPE and ventilators in the hospital, no nurse or doctor dare go near that lifeless body in case that person has Covid.

Makeshift triage in the GH parking lot as the hospital runs out of Covid beds.

And just because this is a pandemic, doesn't mean that the Cassidines et al., have stopped plotting like the nutty Bond villains they are. Maybe one of them decides to release an extra viral load around Port Charles in order trigger another lockdown. With people forced to stay home, the banks of PC are now unmanned, allowing them to be robbed of their most precious contents. Or something. 

Maybe Sam McCall refuses to wear a mask because liberty freedom something-something. And that gets her ostracised by the rest of town. I mean, geez, if I can come up with this sh*t... lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

IMO, they should write in Covid, but at the same time they’re better off not writing it in. It wouldn’t be done right with the current producers and writers in charge. 

Look at Bobbie’s diabetes and baby Donna’s spina bifida. Are they even acknowledged anymore? Even Mike’s Alzheimer’s storyline was botched in the beginning because of all that Croton crap. Thankfully, that story has gotten better. Kinda sad that the hospital soap can’t do well written medically related storylines anymore.

Btw those are some really good ideas @Cat

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

She is awful. And so incredibly miscast in the role. Every scene she's in I'm just distracted by her line delivery and her bug eyes. She does this weird thing where she over pronounces every word? It's so bizarre to watch. Lulu was nearly unwatchable to me towards the end of JMB's run but ER... oof. 

The Red Carpet interviews were sheer torture to watch. The whole show was about the Red Carpet interviews. The guys looked good in their T-shirts. It was all so boring and bland.  I'll give GH credit for scaling things back because of Miss Rona.  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I liked when the red carpet thing happened the first year when they relayed excellent facts like Felicia is an Aztec Princess, because that will never not be awesome lol.   But again....I like the idea of the Nurses Ball and think it's great it's just very 90's and not in a good way.