GH August 2020 Discussion

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it's a yellow/golden blonde base with platinum highlights?  Which doesn't really go together because of one being a warm tone and one being a cooler tone so I think that might be the problem.. It looks muddy sort of.  It's a shame because LW has really nice hair.  She just probably needs to pick a warmer, darker tone overall.  

But her hair color is the least problematic thing about Carly lol

• Members

It could well be partly a Frank Valentini thing. I remember he was very big on long, flowing blondes on OLTL. He made Kassie DePaiva lighten her hair whenever it got darker blonde (which looked much better), among others. Brittany Underwood also briefly went blonde, which was just bizarre. Kristen Alderson didn't go back to her natural color til Kiki on GH, which looked much better.

LMAO the positioning on this Michael/Whatever Her Name Is scene as he struggles to keep as far away from her as possible on the edge of the couch and then they start working angles and closeups crack me up.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Just watched yesterday's episode On Demand to see LH as Sam, and wow. Sam actually had a pulse. I'd love to see her stick around. 

This is the first time I've watched GH in probably over a year. What the hell is this accent Michael E Knight is using?

• Members

Watching LH as Sam is WILD!!

It is like a whole other character.  I hope she gets a job out of this.  She is demonstrating the kind of energy that I haven’t seen on this show since Sarah Brown came back as Claudia.

Also- this ELQ takeover story would have been an excellent time to bring on a kid belonging to Celia or to Jimmy Lee.  Especially if one of them was devious and wanted to get their hands on Q money.

• Members

Another thing about this ELQ plot- this is like modern soap mistake 101.  Valentin Cassadine is in scenes with Kentucky Fried Tad, and there is no real character with actual ties to the Q’s or the show involved.  Guza was smart enough to have Jax (still relatively new on the show) attempting the takeover with Tracy.  It immediately had stakes and made sense.

LH is interesting because she is trying.  It’s not overly flashy like she is eating her co-stars and the scenery alive.  She’s just actually putting work into her character, her reactions, her scene connections.  She’s not bulldozing everyone (so far).  It really points out how lifeless Sam has been.

I hope she has a scene with Maura West.

They did it to me, and now the chain continues.

• Members

Awww...how I meant the diva named Tracy. I liked that storyline or what I remember as a kid. lol.

That sounds cool. Like how VK was when she hit the scene on DAYS as Ciara. 

Haha. 

I might try that post-HW

Edited by Taoboi
Laptop situation...darn Microsoft trip button.

• Members

He was like across the room from her!

I keep wondering if they are using any forced perspective shots?  Otherwise a lot of these people are way too close to each other. 

Some of the scenes they are clearly far apart, but others not.  It is a little concerning.