GH August 2020 Discussion

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kirsten has looked exhausted for years and should not be on the show anymore tbh. It's not healthy and she doesn't look healthy. I know people love to hate on her but Molly Burnett was a solid replacement. Either way, Maxie as is is beyond played out and the character needs a long rest.

• Members

I thought both Jen Lilley and Molly Burnett were solid replacements and I know that's unpopular.  Kirsten has had issues for years and I am not sure where they stem from, but she doesn't look healthy now.  She certainly looks better than she did  a few years back when she looked like she weighed 90 lbs, but she has been off playing Maxie for years now.  I really adored KSt as Belle on Days, but I have been over Maxie for awhile and I don't think KSt is that great that she's irreplaceable   I'd give Maxie/KSt a rest for a year or so and then re-evaluate.  Maxie has burned through so much story and so many love interests it is just a lot.  She's on possibly her 3rd child with a 3rd man and she has no real established true love on the show.  It's a lot for a 35ish year old character.

• Members

Not to harp on Kirsten's hair still but I didn't realize until today that it looks like it has pink in it too.   That's just a really big mess and she shouldn't have been allowed on air with that hair.  It would take a few hours at most to fix.  

Can someone tell me why Carly has Jason's POA?  And Sam doesn't?  Are Sam and Jason married still?  For some reason I either forgot or blocked out JaSam for the last year or so.

• Members

Remember when somebody said that Liz had too many kids; that somebody needs to say the same thing about Maxie now. I fear this is only going to end up being a plot point in order to keep Peter on the canvas

No. But I admit that I don't remember why they're not married right now

• Members

I can't imagine Robyn Richards playing this Maxie.  She was a lot more grounded in her portrayal of Maxie.  It genuinely feels like an entirely different character

Thanks.  I don't care about Jasam in general enough to look it up, but I guess it makes more sense now that Carly has his Power of Attorney.

Maxie is veering into LIz/Sami Brady territory with her kids, but I don't think any of them were necessary.  Maybe the one with Spinelli for that immediate plot point, but it's not like baby Georgie is even around anymore so it was kind of a waste.  Could you imagine if they saddled 90's heroines like Robin or Brenda with that many kids so early?  Even Carly waited a while before having Morgan and Joss.

• Members

Maxie's hair is TRAGIC. How did they let her go on camera looking like that?

Same for Julian

Please register in order to view this content

He looks awful in those pics.

I'd be okay if we kept Lindsay Hartley and never had to watch KeMo sleepwalk through scenes again.

• Members

2000s soaps just decided that pregnancy = plot. That's why everyone on GL ended up with a brood of children.

GH clearly wants to keep KS amongst it's stable of "stars" but don't have a handle on what they want the character to be.

• Members

I think when the whole Jason /Drew thing happened, Sam initially chose to stay with Drew. However she was still legally married to Jason so she divorced him and married Drew legally. Sam and Drew's marriage didn't last very long and Sam and Jason have not remarried since.

Edited by Dion