GH August 2020 Discussion

• Members

I loved Rylan on Guiding Light, and I even liked the little bit that I saw of her Abby on Y&R (back when the character had a personality), but I totally agree with you that Lulu's a bad fit for her. She's great at playing fun, over-the-top characters (like spoiled heiresses Lizzie and Abby), but Lulu's written as such a mopey character who doesn't seem to have much of a life outside of being a wife and mother. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I noticed Laura tried to have Carly hide her annoyance (sort of) that Robin was mentioned, personally, because I was looking right at her for a reaction to Robin's name, LOL. Laura/Carly looked great today too. Beaming/glowing.

I've been trying to be less catty on actors' looks but did Watros get some plumping or something? Her mouth seems odd to me for some reason.

Michael/Willow is coma inducing.

I could only get through the first half of the show and changed the channel. LOL. 

And after seeing the awkward social distancing on Y&R and B&B, it's sort of hilarious to see the GH actors practically on top of each other.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Haha  I was laughing at Patrick.  If watched out of context he looks like a weirdo stalker.  I do hate the lowest blow Robin can give is well Sonny doesn't want you and I agree it was never Robin's secret to tell re: Michael, but what was the plan?  To keep it secret forever?  Robin did not deserve to be ostracized for telling the truth and it became Carly is right, Robin is wrong.

• Members

That's one of the reasons why I sometimes miss Phelps/Guza. True, they made Sonny and Carly pretty much eat the show alive, but under them Sonny and Carly were written as they are - selfish scumbags lol 

Under Frank and his writers, they're like the voices of reason and morality that anybody can go to for help, guidance, etc.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don't think I feel like Phelps/Guza were ever that into Sonny/Carly as a couple.  In all other ways, yes, but I don't think Guza/Phelps like them as a couple.  I think Guza was much bigger Jax/Sonny/Brenda stan.  I do low key miss Guza.  I am not gonna lie.  He could at least make an exciting sweeps event happen..

• Members

Guza was into S&C under Brown and Benard and perhaps Braun. Beyond that, his fondness for Sonny gradually faded into mild contempt often once God-King Steve was back for good. Doesn't mean either was any better, and they still dominated the show. But Guza's many, many flaws and deep misogyny and obsession with the mob aside, losing his larger writing team has crippled the show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Maybe?  I do think he wanted to make his own supercouple.  And Brown and Bernard had a lot of chemistry. I am not saying either Jason or Sonny are great, but I sort of get why Guza was excited to have a blank canvas as far as the Jason character.  I honestly don't think Guza was a horrible writer.   He had misogynistic tendencies and played favorites really hard core, but he could still construct a fairly good story.  Even though he got a huge head and decided to play his greatest hits like Clink Boom for the latter part of his run.  I just remember 1997 being an entire [!@#$%^&*] show without him and the last 10 years have been okay, I guess, but outside from Ron has anyone even tried to handle this show beside Guza/Phelps.  Ewww.. I hated just writing that.  I'll go sit in a corner..

• Members

He was burnt out well before he was fired, I agree.  But effing up Vanessa's return was the straw that broke the camel's back?  I mean  just because he wanted his brand new toy to play with his old toy is unacceptable but I really like the wedding they had.  He still had events that were good even if he was a hack and wanted to kill the Q's one by one.