Days: July 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I actually felt really bad for both Sami and Gabi today. I never once considered a twin for Stefan so I was actually shocked. But at least Jake doesn’t come with the raping Abby baggage. I never got over that.

I will never tire of Sami vs. Nicole.

• Members

Jake being a twin was so predictable and yawn worthy. 

And it was a cliffhanger no less

Please register in order to view this content

Sami returning again to disrupt a wedding has also gotten tidious.

Nicole and Eric getting married at the pub? just terrible

Cancel this mess....

Oh it was great seeing Ivan reconnect with his madame. For some reason I find the actor who plays Ivan hot. It must be his voice...lol

• Members

I wasn't too into the twin idea. Sometimes I feel like Days tries to go over the top and it comes across as laughable more than interesting. When it was being explained that Jake was a twin, it felt so anticlimactic. 

It was great seeing Sami. I'm still not sold on the actress playing Abby as much as some of you. I have however grown to like her a bit more. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

Yeah, but I'm taking the positive approach here - at least it's not another one "back from the dead". The serum and reviving dead characters need to die - if it takes convulted twin stories to do that, I'm all for it!

I agree that I don't think the actress is that great - yet - however she is showing a lot of potential which is the key here I guess. I could see her being one of those that improves with time and I think her and Sami's (brief) scenes sold her as her daughter. She needs to grow, but she has that potential. Overall I'll say DAYS is usually good with filling these younger actor parts... they're just not good with keeping them.

Jake being a twin is predictable. But at this point Rolf resurrecting everyone with his serum is so played out.  Sami was the only bright spot. In that dull and piss poor wedding. I didn't like Ericole getting married at the pub either. But at least they didn't marry at that damn HTS.  Ivan's a very attractive man. It's good to see Ivan reunited with his beloved Madame. 

• Members

I think the actress playing Allie is terrific. Honestly, i don’t see how they could have cast the role any better. 

The wedding was fine. Cliche? Yeah, but then Sami got there and did her thing. Drake’s facial expressions never disappoint. Love it when the terrible actor in him comes out.

Jake as a twin? Predictable but acceptable. Barash gets to play a different character and seems to enjoy it. Let’s see where it goes.

Will and Sonny are SO bad. They should both turn in their gay cards for being useless, boring, and hopeless. Sonny’s big dumpy suits look like they smell.

• Members

Allie is a great find for DAYS! I hope they have the sense to keep her (and hopefully keep Lucas around more).

While Jake and the twin thing isn't the most exciting it's a nice change of pace to have someone NOT come back from the dead. People dying on DAYS had no stakes for the viewer or the story for so long now because you know Dr. Rolf's serum will just bring them back. Dr. Rolf and his serum need to disappear...permanently!

• Members

Count me in as one of those unimpressed with that twin thing. Soooo overdone in soaps.
I mean, anyone could have told them that BB was popular and worth keeping when they killed him off in the first place. Couldn't they have found a way to keep the door open then, like they had done with Patch back in the day? Just in case? I hate when soaps don't think beyond the tip of their nose and have to rely on incredibly tedious soap cliches to keep bringing characters back they didn't to get rid of in the first place. 

CM and FS had mentioned the writing was pretty awful for them in the leadup to their surprise dismissal and we can clearly see the writers just don't know what to do with them. As much as I think they belong on the show broadly speaking, maybe writing them out is best for everyone because yeesh this is bad.
A bit like how I feel about Carrie. I like Carrie very much, she *should* be in Salem in theory but every time she is on the show the writers don't seem to know what to write for her and how to make her interesting. Makes me sad that the same thing is happening with a talent like CM but maybe he is better off in other projects.

• Members

Will and Sonny seem like they've been together for 60 plus years. They were so boring yesterday. Lol at your Sonny suit comment! I agree!

Please register in order to view this content

Sonny and the suit reminds me of the GG episode where Dorothy goes to a ballgame with Sophia and Stan. She mentions how she hates going to baseball games because she always gets stuck with a fat guy taking off his sweaty shirt sitting next to her..lol

• Members

And I had to laugh at Sami's comment after learning Will and Sonny wanted to adopt Allie baby. I'm paraphrasing because I deleted the recording already

Sami: Will and Sonny are great parents/fathers.

Me: In what planet are they?

Gabi and Will have been awful parents.