Days: July 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lumi has always been endgame to me.  I never cared for Sami/EJ or Rafe/Sami.  It's bizarre the show pimps Ejami so hard when it's clear James Scott has 0 desire to ever come back.  And Bryan Dattilo clearly wants to work and be there full time.

It is also hilarious to think about how many people Claire is related to with marriages and everything.  It's like 90% of the cast.  

• Administrator

This week was the best in a long time!  Sami is the spark that this show needed.  Really enjoyed the scenes with Sami finding out about Allie's pregancy and the Sami/Nicole fight.  I wish they showed more of the cake fight - longer scenes.   Sami/Nicole is such a good rivalry thanks to Alison/Ari being in their roles for so long. It's the same thing with Vivian/Kate and Louise/Lauren......it's the history.   If you recast these characters, you lose the connection.

Add me to list of those who like Lindsay Arnold (Allie).  She still has some of the "newbie acting ticks" but I think she's pretty good and can see her improving a lot.   I like that she's been interacting with her family a lot: Kate, Eric, Lucas, Marlena, and now Ciara and Claire.   I hope they're not setting up Claire to go crazy again because a Ciara/Claire/Allie family-friendship would be good for the show. 

Jake being a twin is so cliche but I think it's a better choice than him being Stefan.  Like others have mentioned, now he doesn't have the baggage of raping Abby. 

• Members

I did like how they had Chad do a callback to that in the Friday episode.

In all honesty - with a show where they have a mysterious "back-from-the-dead" potion and multiple unexplained dopplegängers running around, the twin twist seems like the slightly saner option. Obviously they wanted Brandon Barash back and this was the best explanation they could go with.

• Members

I have to catch up on this week. The dynamics at play alone sound fun. The focus always ends up shifting away from what most seem to enjoy about DAYS though so I hope they can keep the momentum going. They usually can't. Sorry to be pessimistic but I've been down these roads so many times ... the show improves for a week or a month and then it's back to crap.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KMan101

• Members

This is the third year in a row that their was a strong focus on the Evans-Black family around this time and everyone cheered. If they do not maintain that momentum this time then it just proves they do not care. I would be surprised if they don't get a small ratings bump again too. 

I feel very strongly that they could axe almost the entire cast, focus on John and Marlena and their extended family and the show would dramatically improve (for me) and perhaps with a smaller cast it would fix the budget constraints. 

• Members

Sami can be so over the top and annoying, but love or hate her, she breathes life into the show the second she shows up. I'm really enjoying all the drama with Allie. They actually cast a decent enough actress, too.

I was a little surprised by the twin thing, just because I assumed Jake was going to be Stefan. I won't lie, I got a little enjoyment out of watching Gabi's devastation that he's just a twin.

I know we're in the middle of all these weddings, but it's weird how characters like Sarah and Xander just totally disappear for a bit.

• Members

Or Brady, who just ran off with Kristin a couple weeks ago. It's pretty funny that no one's commented on his absence yet, not even in an offhanded, "Wasn't Brady supposed to be at his stepbrother's wedding?" or "Who's running Titan?" kind of way. 

• Members

Days really struggles with continuity and bizarre character bubbles.  Like it's weird Brady wasn't at Eric's wedding and no one mentioned it.  It's weird that Belle wouldn't stay a few more days for her brothers wedding too but will be back for Ciara's.  

It's weird that John, Marlena, and Hope were eating with Steve at the Pub, but couldn't swing by Kayla/Justin's wedding and Jack and Jen were so vital to it.

But I can't say I miss Sarah and Xander so I take that as a win lol.  And I actually think Days is good right now but the lack of budget makes everything more awkward I guess.  But if they actors are already there they could throw in a line about why family members can't make huge life events while they are still on the show lol.

• Members

All 3 weddings have been lovely, if low-budget.  They hit so many wonderful notes.  But I was SO disappointed Belle, Brady, and Will weren’t at Eric’s wedding.  I was less bothered by everyone missing from Justin & Kayla’s wedding (which was a surprisingly great week) and they explained no one being at Eli & Lani’s.  Last week, the Jack/Steve and Hope/Kayla/Jenn scenes were quintessential “Days.”  It reminded me so much of the scenes before Jenn & Frankie’s 2006 wedding.

Also bummed Nicole didn’t even have a phone chat with Chloe/Parker before the wedding (or since she’s been back from the dead).  Sami and Vivian have been a great shot in the arm.  Love seeing Lucas!!!  And Allie’s story is so working for me so far, too bad we don’t get Johnny for some nice Eric/Sami parallel.  It was lovely to see Ciara/Allie together after all this time.

• Members

Count me as another Lumi fan who was not just disappointed they quickly gave up on that relationship after YEARS of rooting for them when they were friends but did it so callously to boost that awful character that was EJ.
Sorry but I will never understand what everyone saw in EJ and JS - that acting style was not for me, sorry - for so long. 

I realize that there have been some BTS reasons for which BD was not always in the producers' favor but Lucas is a likeable character from main families and would seem like a catch in any normal town so it has always been bizarre to me they always played him, at best, with B-list stories and as a third wheel in other's stories.
Seriously, has he ever been in a relationship where he wasn't the second choice of the couple producers wanted us to root for?

Nicole/Eric then Austin/Carrie, Sami/EJ, Chloe/Daniel, Adrienne/Justin

• Members

The couple times Lucas was a leading man opposite Sami (‘04/‘05 JER 2.0 and Hogan Sheffer), they shoehorned him into a really conventional hero... and that didn’t suit him.  Lucas wasn’t the problem, he is leading man material... but he’s not supposed to be steady like Rafe, but he doesn’t always need to be a loser just because he’s not an action hero.  “Days” has issues with this from Lucas to Jack to Philip, etc.

I won’t accept anything other than Lumi as endgame.

• Members

Sami/Lucas was the only one where he wasn’t second choice. I think it was new head writers’ obsession with EJ and then Daniel that torpedoed any kind of leading man relationship for him after Sami, which is a huge mistake that every head writer seems to have repeated.

Edited by AbcNbc247