Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Days waiting til September is on one hand smart because it allows the other soaps to work out the kinks before they start. On the other hand, if California shuts down again they're screwed. Still, it'll be nice to see if the product improves now that they aren't so far ahead. Also, nice that they'll potentially be the only soap to complete their full episode order. 

Due to contract guarantees I wonder if we will see more of the actors on the other soaps since a couple months worth of episodes are thrown out. They won't have to stretch actors with low guarantees as much so they will be able to tell story easier. 

• Members

Well, he was right...he won't be ordering any dolls because apparently he's been fired. 

Fascinating video and I hope the American soaps take a major cue from what the British are doing. 

I expect all the actors (and writers - I know the Y&R writing team was furloughed in March) contracts were terminated under a force majeure clause (ie: an unexpected event making performance of the contract impossible, freeing both parties of liability) so there will not be any 'banked' episode guarantees to be used. 

• Members

David Hoffman (Set Designer), "Our Y&R family is making preparations to return to production as soon as possible. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that what each of us does not only affects the health and well-being of those around us but of their families and loved ones, as well. As our viewers welcome the Newman, Abbott, Hamilton, and Winters families back into their homes this summer, I urge you all to remember that we are all in this together, and it is up to each and every one of us to do our part to keep our friends, neighbors, and families healthy and safe.

• Members

Maybe we will se more outside remotes since indoor and poorly ventilated spaces increase chances of catching it.

Guess GL's peapack experiment would have been smart to implement on the other shows (with better production)?