Huntress

Soaps Returning To Production

Days waiting til September is on one hand smart because it allows the other soaps to work out the kinks before they start. On the other hand, if California shuts down again they're screwed. Still, it'll be nice to see if the product improves now that they aren't so far ahead. Also, nice that they'll potentially be the only soap to complete their full episode order. 

Due to contract guarantees I wonder if we will see more of the actors on the other soaps since a couple months worth of episodes are thrown out. They won't have to stretch actors with low guarantees as much so they will be able to tell story easier. 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, Vizion said:

Well, he was right...he won't be ordering any dolls because apparently he's been fired. 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:26 AM, Adamski said:

A fascinating BTS video of how Emmerdale has returned to production during COVID:

https://twitter.com/emmerdale/status/1276550619357118477

Fascinating video and I hope the American soaps take a major cue from what the British are doing. 

6 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Days waiting til September is on one hand smart because it allows the other soaps to work out the kinks before they start. On the other hand, if California shuts down again they're screwed. Still, it'll be nice to see if the product improves now that they aren't so far ahead. Also, nice that they'll potentially be the only soap to complete their full episode order. 

Due to contract guarantees I wonder if we will see more of the actors on the other soaps since a couple months worth of episodes are thrown out. They won't have to stretch actors with low guarantees as much so they will be able to tell story easier. 

I expect all the actors (and writers - I know the Y&R writing team was furloughed in March) contracts were terminated under a force majeure clause (ie: an unexpected event making performance of the contract impossible, freeing both parties of liability) so there will not be any 'banked' episode guarantees to be used. 

David Hoffman (Set Designer), "Our Y&R family is making preparations to return to production as soon as possible. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that what each of us does not only affects the health and well-being of those around us but of their families and loved ones, as well. As our viewers welcome the Newman, Abbott, Hamilton, and Winters families back into their homes this summer, I urge you all to remember that we are all in this together, and it is up to each and every one of us to do our part to keep our friends, neighbors, and families healthy and safe.

Maybe we will se more outside remotes since indoor and poorly ventilated spaces increase chances of catching it.

Guess GL's peapack experiment would have been smart to implement on the other shows (with better production)?

B&B has been filming outdoors for years now all around Television City and I would hope they rely on that a lot.

It's a shame DAYS no longer has the outdoor Salem Place set. That would have been very useful for them. 

1 hour ago, DaytimeFan said:

B&B has been filming outdoors for years now all around Television City and I would hope they rely on that a lot.

It's a shame DAYS no longer has the outdoor Salem Place set. That would have been very useful for them. 

aw this looks  like a nice set Hyde.gifDays of our Lives set of Salem Place. Not sure what year this was ...

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

aw this looks  like a nice set Hyde.gifDays of our Lives set of Salem Place. Not sure what year this was ...

It was so unique for an American soap to have a backlot set. I would rather have this than Horton Square, which reminds me of Sesame Street.

18 minutes ago, Alan said:

It was so unique for an American soap to have a backlot set. I would rather have this than Horton Square, which reminds me of Sesame Street.

questin, When exactly did days budget start to get REALLY bad?