Soaps Returning To Production

• Members

That wouldn't work. Why would a couple in a relationship keep their distance? Or family? The only people I've interacted with without a mask on is my family over the past few months.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How does this work with the unions? How exactly do real life significant others get paid if they are not part of SAG/AFTRA? 

There's a novel concept. Or a scene could just end with a couple entering the bedroom and fade to commercial.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

If it gets too obvious, maybe they could have an announcer intone: "Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, the part of ----------- in this scene will be played by ------------"

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Dion

• Members

It's funny because I've been watching Peyton Place a lot lately and there's rarely any love scenes on that show and it just ends up working better than the soaps of today. There's really not any reason to make all this effort to have love scenes, especially for a show like B&B which is 19 minutes anyway. A lot of the time love scenes just end up feeling like filler anyway. Just focus on, I don't know, character drama for a while?

In all honesty, these people should really just sit down and watch some old school soap episodes from the 1960s/1970s.

• Members

I would be curious to see what ratings will look like for BB next week. I wonder if CBS is running any ads during their daytime and primetime schedules to let viewers know they're returning to new episodes or doing some sort of promo. 

• Members

In Mexico telenovelas returned about a month ago and it's #1 soap has reached new highs in 5 million viewers. Here in the USA the telenovelas are reaching a little over 2 million viewers which is up from before the pandemic started. The telenovelas on Unvision are seeing a resurgence.