Soaps Returning To Production

• Members

You'll see Reva in it later in this ghastly first episode. In hindsight, the terrible cameras, extreme closeups, hideous lighting and atrocious sound quality really do add up to a total disaster. The UK soaps have been doing this, lightyears better, since the 1980s. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Josh and Reva are very clearly in the motherfucking break room.

Cassie's house still looks like Casa del Leatherface. Also, Bamboo Hospital of the August Moon.

I still remember how early on they kept using some of the remaining interior sets on the new handheld cameras, and how that DV quality/sound combined with the (awful) location work next to it made it extremely obvious that scenes like the one with poor Pelphrey and Jordan Clarke in the 'town square' are actually FÙCKING INSIDE.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So the hospital scenes I was thinking about for Michelle's amnesia storyline actually happened in 2004 although her amnesia continued into 2005. 

This was the hospital set on GL in May 2004

This is the hospital some months later in March 2005

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

That was cute. Stephen and Mary Beth are great 

Please register in order to view this content

It's bad when a network show is laughing at another network show like it's a joke, but it does seem ridiculous. I know that it will probably look much better than it sounds, but BB rushing into production and returning like business as usual I fear will not be very successful. They will blame the month lapse but really they'll probably do the bare minimum to promote the return and come back with the same stories that were already bad to begin with. 

I suggest using Banarama's Cruel Summer for a promo with BB's greatest villains. Each week dedicated to a condensed arc for each villain. "It's going to be a Cruel Summer on CBS Daytime." More like a lukewarm make out with a doll Fall to look forward to. 

• Members

They all Have better saved their money very well.  No one is going to watch any of these shows again or their houses are going to burn because they’re in CA.  They better hope Tamron, The Real, Kelly Clarkson, and Ellen all die. I loved hearing the people on B&B yack about travel shooting and how they were the only show to do remote shoots.  So young.  Everyone did it in the 70s and 80s.  The Monaco thing and Australia things were messes.  B&B has blown their budget.  And it’s why they’ve rushed to production.  They Would be smart to re run the last 2 months of the show before they air new episodes but they’re not that smart.  I wasn’t watching but they’re not that smart. 

• Members

Using mannequins for intimate scenes is ridiculous. Why don't they just write COVID19 into the story? That would easily explain any social distancing or lack of intimate contact.

• Members

The thing is that they don't have to use it as a plot device per se, but more of an explanation of why they're distanced in scenes. Just acknowledge the real world for a bit, but don't have any characters get ill from it kind-of-thing.