Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. Search For Tomorrow, after the flood, moved everyone into an apartment building. Lindenstrasse centered around an apartment building. Soaps could get so much use out of a couple of apartment sets, which could be redecorated day-to-day depending on the resident. It would at least be an improvement on the tiny hotel rooms that are usually shown.

• Members

I hate when everybody in town starts living in hotels.  Metro Court on GH I’m looking at you.  Speaking of which, the classic episodes reminded me how long has it been since we saw the lobby or outside?

And yes, all these shows should have an apartment with a small courtyard/common space for character/storytelling crossover.

• Members

The hospital on GL literally looked the sushi restaurant on The Simpsons with paper screens for walls that Homer just walked through.

Having everyone living in the same hotel room at the Beacon was embarrassing well before Peapack. I do remember when FV began pulling this at GH, Finola Hughes allegedly insisted on Anna finally getting her house set before re-signing.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't know, but that hospital was there to close to the end. I'm not talking about 05, though I'm sure it was just as bad.

The role of Brooke Logan will be played today by Susan Haskell and Mayumi Hentai Doll 69.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I feel like with all the behind the scenes stuff, DAYS is going to be the most transformed soap. Especially if they end up getting a new HW. Y&R and GH I expect to be more of the same, which is to say terrible and boring. B&B I think will be strong out the gate. Brad Bell loves attention and can pull off periods of greatness. I think they will be the most likely to treat it like a season premiere and give us a good product initially. 

• Members

Oh I definitely didn’t meant changed for the better lol. But it seems like they’re losing cast and crew left and right so there is no telling what the show will be like. 

ETA: 

With GL, the issue was the producer not the budget IMO. Ellen Wheeler has terrible execution and vision. The thought of having a green screen hospital was just so bizarre. Even with Peapack, the idea to be able to have endless standing sets and regular location shooting is good, but the shaky cameras, Christian rock and lack of stories is what sunk it. As the World Turns used the same cameras for location shoots and the footage looked much more professional. The issue was Ellen Wheeler. I hate that she botched that because I feel more soaps would’ve benefitted from adopting a model similar to GL

Edited by Chris B

• Members

The sets sucked dick too. They were using her actual office as a church and other studio spots as sets. You could tell and it was embarrassing. They were using what looked like rundown homes. Cassie or Harley's house looked like the set of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre - there was scrap metal out front.

I don't think the ATWT stuff looked any better. I remember Grayson McCouch kung fu fighting with a dude by a dumpster while they blared one track from the Inception score on repeat.