Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It must be so nice for the other soaps that bold is the Guinea pig lol.

According to deadline the production used less invasive saliva tests last week; it has since switched to the nasal swab ones that cause quite a bit of discomfort but are considered a lot more accurate.

• Members

Apparently that Supervising Producer of Bold and Beautiful, Casey Kasprzyk, did a radio interview and this is the recap:

https://wgnradio.com/roe-conn/

He said they went back to filming and he had a very unusual assignment. He had to go to a "doll " store to purchase some "sex dolls" for use in filming romantic scenes. Since the actors cannot be closer than 6' away, they will artfully put wigs on the dolls to represent one half of the couple and then reverse it and have a second doll for the partner. These will be interspersed in the way that it will look like there is "romance" going on. He also said that they have asked spouses of some of the characters if they would be willing to stand in in some of the scenes and they have several "yeses." He said these dolls are quite expensive and he bought a mid priced model for $1300 and was going to go back to purchase a male model. They can use wigs on them to match the character's hairstyles and we will be seeing things like "an arm around the shoulder" or cheek and hair, or if in bed, the body form

• Members

Wouldn’t it have been easier just to have two actors just film there scenes separately in the same room and then have into edited to merge it one? It’s been done on shows before, the above sounds like wayyy too much work and both a waste of time & expenses.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I may tune in once the episodes air because they said the actors and their spouses/partners would be serving as doubles for intimate moments.  I want to see what it looks like.  Just going to show them kissing from the back or hands on their faces?  

• Members

I haven’t heard an actual date or anything concrete about Y&R returning to filming yet. The one thing I did see was the show was the show is refocusing it’s storylines, word has it there will be a minor jump in time

Please register in order to view this content