Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Since Kyle, Summer, Lola, Theo, Chelsea, snd Abby are like half the cast YR can bring back safely because of age when production resumes, I would just as soon not watch. Worst, low stakes couples and boring, horribly drawn characters I’ve seen in recent daytime and I sat through GL’s last 5 years. Not to mention every sceene would take place on those flimsy plastic Society and Grand Phoenix sets. No thanks.

• Members

Good!  It's not necessary to use blow up dolls and spouses because you can't really show the love scene.  Soaps were built on "love in the afternoon".  Bold has only 1 story on the table at any given time so they have to rely heavily on romance.  There is plenty to do w/out having to resort to dolls. 

I am a heavy streamer and not one show I watch has a couple I can root for (except for Netflix's Sex Education), but I watch because the shows are good.  I'm still looking for a pairing to stan, and clearly, Daytime is not the place to shop. Anyhoo, Bell is a proven hack and now viewers have to watch his fantasies play out onscreen?  It's like he's been waiting for something like Covid.

• Members

They don’t. 

However in Thudley’s case he has spent up so much time hauling the show off to remote locales all just to two characters kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower, Sydney opera house, Kremlin whatever etc. while their significant other/rival watches on in dispair. 

• Members

Is BB returning to production tomorrow? I know they mentioned the 23rd but it's been quiet since then, so I'm curious if it's actually happening or if they're keeping quiet now because it looks like they may have to wait longer than expected. 

• Members

EXCLUSIVE: The Young and the Restless is poised to become the second U.S. daytime drama to return to the set. I hear the producers for the soap have sent a letter to the cast and crew, notifying them of a tentative plan to restart production on July 6.

As is the case with any production plans during the pandemic, which are in flux because COVID-19 conditions change daily, I hear July 6 was listed in the letter as a goal, not as a firm restart date.

Edited by Vizion

• Members

I so agree with you cause current state of Y&R needs a whole revamp of changes to make me wanna tune in for there poor excuse for story telling smh.

Also your right if they stick to the classics that are actually worthy then im fine cause we aren't missing anything with the new ones.